Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 4:56:33 AM EDT
I've had my AR since the end of December 03 and haven't put too many rounds through it.
I've shyed away from cleaning it not because I like dirty guns but because I'm paranoid about damaging the crown, well anyway I purchased a new Outers nylon/plastic coated all in one rod and used it and my boresnake(talk about over kill, but what can you say it's my new baby next to my Sigs) but I'm now wanting to get an Otis cleaning kit, who's the best source here to get one through?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the various posts in AR discussions which chat about cleaning the AR.  You don't have to do a great deal and it is very easy.  The OTIS kit is good stuff.  I got mine from OTIS directly for convenience more than anything else.  Unless yours is a precision rifle, you don't have to be particularly anal about cleaning.  If you are spending more than 10-15 mins, you are probably doing to much unless you shot alot of rounds.  It you are concerned about damaging the rifle, get yourself a bore guide.  By the way.  Clean from the action end not the muzzle....

Welcome to the AR community....

Jeff
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top