Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/28/2012 3:31:08 AM EDT
Lgs has used Orlite 30 rd mags at $20.
I have no experience with these mags are they GTG or crap ?
They are obviously used and dirty but not beat up bad just dusty and dirty.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:40:31 AM EDT
Ime crap. At this time, if that's all you can get, and you need mags, I'd buy them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:03:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 9milebank:

I have a few that I bought during the 94 ban, and they work just fine. If I recall correctly some of them were being marketed as Israeli surplus mags at the time.

I prefer usgi mags, but as the poster above said, if you need mags and the orlites are available, get 'em.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:16:50 AM EDT
While they work, for that price i would go usgi mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:39:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:49:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TKB:
Originally Posted By 9milebank:

I have a few that I bought during the 94 ban, and they work just fine. If I recall correctly some of them were being marketed as Israeli surplus mags at the time.

I prefer usgi mags, but as the poster above said, if you need mags and the orlites are available, get 'em.

Yep, I bought 5 or 6 of them during the ban for I think $20 each. They work, but like everyone has said they tend to wear easiliy and will not secure into all lowers.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:16:08 AM EDT
I bought a bunch back in the origonal ban, they worked fine-- at first. Then I kept some loaded and could not get many of them inserted into my rifles.
They would be better than no mag, but I'd not depend on keeping them loaded. If I recall correctly, later Orlites were better than early ones.
There are many better choices in mags for long term ownage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:25:17 PM EDT
lots of people don't think fondly of the orlites, but I do. I have had several since the original 94 ban or before and they don't die on me. I was told they weren't great. so I figure i would beat on these and keep the good USGI mags in reserve. No problems and no cracking or breaking in 18 years and dropped these plenty loaded - no problems. I guess I have a good batch
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:32:46 PM EDT
I bought a bunch cheap during the ban . They were well used before I got them and even included sand from Israel. I have let some go over the years and rarely use them. They work well and I think are all pre ban.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:41:44 PM EDT
Why would you consider buying used junk when you can get the E-Landers brand new for less money?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:56:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
Why would you consider buying used junk when you can get the E-Landers brand new for less money?

This
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:23:54 AM EDT
They served me just fine, but I didn't pay $20 each. If that's all you can find, get'em. Otherwise I'd keep looking. Some of mine cracked at the feedlips. Like others said, e-landers will serve you good.
Happy shopping
Top Top