Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:31:08 AM EDT
Lgs has used Orlite 30 rd mags at  $20.
I have no experience with these mags are they GTG or crap ?
They are obviously used and dirty but not beat up bad just dusty and dirty.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Ime crap. At this time, if that's all you can get, and you need mags, I'd buy them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have a few that I bought during the 94 ban, and they work just fine. If I recall correctly some of them were being marketed as Israeli surplus mags at the time.

I prefer usgi mags, but as the poster above said, if you need mags and the orlites are available, get 'em.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
While they work, for that price i would go usgi mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a few that I bought during the 94 ban, and they work just fine. If I recall correctly some of them were being marketed as Israeli surplus mags at the time.

I prefer usgi mags, but as the poster above said, if you need mags and the orlites are available, get 'em.

Yep, I bought 5 or 6 of them during the ban for I think $20 each. They work, but like everyone has said they tend to wear easiliy and will not secure into all lowers.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a bunch back in the origonal ban, they worked fine-- at first. Then I kept some loaded and could not get many of them inserted into my rifles.
They would be better than no mag, but I'd not depend on keeping them loaded. If I recall correctly, later Orlites were better than early ones.
There are many better choices in mags for long term ownage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
lots of people don't think fondly of the orlites, but I do.  I have had several since the original 94 ban or before and they don't die on me.  I was told they weren't great. so I figure i would beat on these and keep the good USGI mags in reserve.  No problems and no cracking or breaking in 18 years and dropped these plenty loaded - no problems.  I guess I have a good batch
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a bunch cheap during the ban . They were well used before I got them and even included sand from Israel. I have let some go over the years and rarely use them. They work well and I think are all pre ban.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you consider buying used junk when you can get the E-Landers brand new for less money?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why would you consider buying used junk when you can get the E-Landers brand new for less money?

This
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
They served me just fine, but I didn't pay $20 each. If that's all you can find, get'em. Otherwise I'd keep looking. Some of mine cracked at the feedlips. Like others said, e-landers will serve you good.
Happy shopping
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top