Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 1:09:59 PM EDT
Where's a good source for ordering an upper with a micro gas block already installed?

Thinking about getting a 14.5 or 16 inch upper (prefer something like BCM/LMT/CMMG), with a micro gas block so I can add some long free float rails/handguards on them myslef.....

I think some places ship the upper with a front sight base and the gas block separately and make you do it yourself....
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The micro gas block is CMMG's baby, you should give them a call.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
just go to the Yankee hill Machine website and order the Specter Gas Block, I installed one on my rifle and I was able to install my free float rail over it.  The best part was not having to drill into the barrel, it is just a two piece design that is held in place by 4 hex bolts. Just click on the link.

Spector gas block

I don't have a picture of my rifle right since I am away from home or I would show you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
So installing the low profile gass block yourself is the best option?

Are all low profile gas blocks created equal or is the price diff b/w them mostly in the name brand?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top