Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 1:17:09 PM EDT
Hello all,
I am looking for suggestions on optics that would be a good choice for a 16 CAR Flat-top.  I was thinking about an Aimpoint or Acog, however I have concerns as to if they will be usable with the fixed rear sight.  Especially the ACOG.  If however, the EOTECH is the only possibility then I may have to go with it.

I would rather have the fixed rear sights, over switching them out for compatibility with a certain optic.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
aimpoint or eotech will work fine with the LMT rear sight
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Aimpoint, Tripower, and Eotech are compatible with the LMT BUIS as they are mounted as forward as possible on the flattop.  ACOGs are a no go, though I've seen some guys mount the compact ACOG further in conjunction with a folding BUIS.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
My Eotech has a perfect co-witness with my LMT buis!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
+1
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the pics, folks.

I've got LMT, and have been wondering about this as well.  I considered the LaRue mount, but it apparently won't fit on the upper with the LMT.  Are you able to lift your head up enough to clear the BUIS, yet still see through the EOTech's reticle?  I'd be concerned about an absolute cowitness obstructing too much of the EO's view.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't even tell the buis is there anymore!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]

My current setup

My former setup

My same LMT M4 Defender 2000 16" CAR shown with EOTech 551 and Aimpoint M2 with KAC straight mount.

Using my EOTech and the LMT BUIS I could see through the reticle even if I lift my head up a little.

To have a better FOV just add any EOTech mount so you could have a lower 1/3 cowitness.

Using my Aimpoint and my LMT BUIS I get a lower 1/3 cowitness with my KAC mount.

If you want to have more room between the Aimpoint and BUIS use a cantilever type mount which will move the optic more forward.

Quoted:
Thanks for the pics, folks.

I've got LMT, and have been wondering about this as well.  I considered the LaRue mount, but it apparently won't fit on the upper with the LMT.  Are you able to lift your head up enough to clear the BUIS, yet still see through the EOTech's reticle?  I'd be concerned about an absolute cowitness obstructing too much of the EO's view.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
This post answered a question I had for a while since I have the LMT sight on my flat top. Thanks insin.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Im glad I asked, now I know I can mount a quality optic with my LMT.  For all those that have aimpoints set up, what mount are you using?  I see that the eotech's do not  absolutely require any risers.  Now I just have to decide which one.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top