Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 12:13:11 PM EDT
Hey all, this optic is actually slated for mounting on a shotgun, but the application is similar and I figured all you AR enthusiasts would have a really good sense of what's out there...

I'm looking for, effectively, this sight:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=853999

But at a higher price point/quality level.  What's key to me are the interchangeable reticles.  As this is going on a multipurpose shotgun, I really need the flexibility of going from, say, a 3 MOA dot to a 65 MOA halo type reticle.

My price point is $150-$200.  I'd love to get that BSA if it weren't for the crap reviews.  

So, anyone know of any equivalents?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most will say what you probably already know which is to save your money and get a decent optic.  I just got the aimpoint m2 with the groupbuy and am very pleased.  It was in the $375 range but new.  Look at the classifieds here and get a good used eotech or aimpoint.  You will not be sorry and it will not be much more than you are talking about spending now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I just saw that Optics Planet is selling Eotech 512s for $379 after rebate.  Very tempting :)
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the Eotech . Especially if you are going to be aiming into the sun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess my only concern/consideration is small dot vs. halo reticle.  I have no idea which will prove better for shooting clays, which is why I wanted a variable reticle.  On the other hand, I could just buy two and try them out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I guess my only concern/consideration is small dot vs. halo reticle.  I have no idea which will prove better for shooting clays, which is why I wanted a variable reticle.  On the other hand, I could just buy two and try them out.

Eotech has a 1 MOA dot in the center of a 65MOA ring. That may be your best option. I have a Burris Fastfire on a shotgun, and I think it has a 4MOA dot, it makes shooting clays boringly simple.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eotech has a 1 MOA dot in the center of a 65MOA ring. That may be your best option. I have a Burris Fastfire on a shotgun, and I think it has a 4MOA dot, it makes shooting clays boringly simple.  

That's interesting/good to hear, as the Burris would be my de facto choice.  I just didn't know if the dot they have is optimal, but from what you're saying it sounds like it is...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would go with the Eotech . Especially if you are going to be aiming into the sun.

That's a really long shot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry, I have pretty high velocity bird shot.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top