Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2010 12:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2010 12:13:29 PM EDT by BigBrother]
Hey all, this optic is actually slated for mounting on a shotgun, but the application is similar and I figured all you AR enthusiasts would have a really good sense of what's out there...

I'm looking for, effectively, this sight:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=853999

But at a higher price point/quality level.  What's key to me are the interchangeable reticles.  As this is going on a multipurpose shotgun, I really need the flexibility of going from, say, a 3 MOA dot to a 65 MOA halo type reticle.

My price point is $150-$200.  I'd love to get that BSA if it weren't for the crap reviews.  

So, anyone know of any equivalents?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:48:10 PM EDT
I think most will say what you probably already know which is to save your money and get a decent optic.  I just got the aimpoint m2 with the groupbuy and am very pleased.  It was in the $375 range but new.  Look at the classifieds here and get a good used eotech or aimpoint.  You will not be sorry and it will not be much more than you are talking about spending now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:59:04 PM EDT
Yeah, I just saw that Optics Planet is selling Eotech 512s for $379 after rebate.  Very tempting :)
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:04:49 PM EDT
I would go with the Eotech . Especially if you are going to be aiming into the sun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:01:41 PM EDT
I guess my only concern/consideration is small dot vs. halo reticle.  I have no idea which will prove better for shooting clays, which is why I wanted a variable reticle.  On the other hand, I could just buy two and try them out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:14:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigBrother:

I guess my only concern/consideration is small dot vs. halo reticle.  I have no idea which will prove better for shooting clays, which is why I wanted a variable reticle.  On the other hand, I could just buy two and try them out.

Eotech has a 1 MOA dot in the center of a 65MOA ring. That may be your best option. I have a Burris Fastfire on a shotgun, and I think it has a 4MOA dot, it makes shooting clays boringly simple.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:54:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

Originally Posted By BigBrother:

Eotech has a 1 MOA dot in the center of a 65MOA ring. That may be your best option. I have a Burris Fastfire on a shotgun, and I think it has a 4MOA dot, it makes shooting clays boringly simple.  

That's interesting/good to hear, as the Burris would be my de facto choice.  I just didn't know if the dot they have is optimal, but from what you're saying it sounds like it is...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:59:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mccray:
I would go with the Eotech . Especially if you are going to be aiming into the sun.

That's a really long shot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:26:08 PM EDT
Don't worry, I have pretty high velocity bird shot.
Top Top