Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 3:54:20 PM EDT
Hey guys, this might be a shot in the dark, but I really enjoy my Eotech an Magnifier for day time shooting. However, I have a clip on Trijicon Reap-ir for night. Is there a way to mount the Reap-Ir above the Eotech so that it does not block line of sight? I see a lot of picatinny rails on top of scopes, but never anything on a red dot. Is this an option, or am I just crazy. I assume I could have a QD mount in front of the EoTech, but it will be really far up on the rail.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you have over-complicated this.  You want a REAP-IR, an EOTech and a magnifier all on the same rifle.

Get two high quality mounts (possibly QD mounts) and switch between the sights for day/night.

Alternatively, get a new rifle and mount a single sight on each.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
QD mounts < individual daytime and nighttime uppers < separate rifles
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Of course I am over thinking it. I am good at that. QD mounts are the obvious choice, but I would like it all so that I don’t have to remove the Eotech when I clip on the  ReapIR. That’s why I asked. Don’t know if it’s feasible, but worth a try
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course I am over thinking it. I am good at that. QD mounts are the obvious choice, but I would like it all so that I don’t have to remove the Eotech when I clip on the  ReapIR. That’s why I asked. Don’t know if it’s feasible, but worth a try
View Quote
It's a terrible idea and will not work the way that you want.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If your EOTech and magnifier are compatible, the LT110 may be a good compromise and allow you to quickly remove or reinstall the RDS and magnifier together. Before I built a separate upper specifically for night optic uses, the LT110 is what I used.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your EOTech and magnifier are compatible, the LT110 may be a good compromise and allow you to quickly remove or reinstall the RDS and magnifier together. Before I built a separate upper specifically for night optic uses, the LT110 is what I used.
View Quote
Thanks. That’s the direction I am leaning until I buy another blackout.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top