Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 3:54:20 PM EDT
Hey guys, this might be a shot in the dark, but I really enjoy my Eotech an Magnifier for day time shooting. However, I have a clip on Trijicon Reap-ir for night. Is there a way to mount the Reap-Ir above the Eotech so that it does not block line of sight? I see a lot of picatinny rails on top of scopes, but never anything on a red dot. Is this an option, or am I just crazy. I assume I could have a QD mount in front of the EoTech, but it will be really far up on the rail.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 5:45:49 PM EDT
I think you have over-complicated this. You want a REAP-IR, an EOTech and a magnifier all on the same rifle.

Get two high quality mounts (possibly QD mounts) and switch between the sights for day/night.

Alternatively, get a new rifle and mount a single sight on each.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:33:44 PM EDT
QD mounts < individual daytime and nighttime uppers < separate rifles
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:19:18 AM EDT
Of course I am over thinking it. I am good at that. QD mounts are the obvious choice, but I would like it all so that I don’t have to remove the Eotech when I clip on the ReapIR. That’s why I asked. Don’t know if it’s feasible, but worth a try
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:22:08 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aggie1819:
Of course I am over thinking it. I am good at that. QD mounts are the obvious choice, but I would like it all so that I don’t have to remove the Eotech when I clip on the ReapIR. That’s why I asked. Don’t know if it’s feasible, but worth a try
View Quote
It's a terrible idea and will not work the way that you want.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:44:29 AM EDT
If your EOTech and magnifier are compatible, the LT110 may be a good compromise and allow you to quickly remove or reinstall the RDS and magnifier together. Before I built a separate upper specifically for night optic uses, the LT110 is what I used.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:14:09 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bobweaver:
If your EOTech and magnifier are compatible, the LT110 may be a good compromise and allow you to quickly remove or reinstall the RDS and magnifier together. Before I built a separate upper specifically for night optic uses, the LT110 is what I used.
View Quote
Thanks. That’s the direction I am leaning until I buy another blackout.
Top Top