Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 10:41:45 AM EDT
Has anyone ever used this system that is available from Bushmaster? It mounts on the barrel in front/against the front sight. If so, what are the pros and cons.

I would like to just replace the M4 handguards but need something that will just "snap" back in place without having to dissasemble the barrel. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You won't get $300 performance from a $100 handguard, for example.
-Troy
View Quote

Do you feel this logic is true for everything in life then?  The more money it costs the better it is?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I Have the mount that you are talking about installed on my Bushmaster. It gives you three rails to mount lights etc. I found it to be very well made. It's a quality piece of equipment. Installation was easy and it's solid. You won't be disappointed. I mounted a surefire m2 on mine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the input. I will check around and see what's out there and TRY and make the right choice.

Troy, I value your opinion/expertise. I am sure you are right and I'm glad you said what you said. I am looking for a relatively cheap way out but you are right about you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
"Cost/performance is a curve."

Then there's the people that think if it costs more, it must be better.

It's not that simple.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Troy is absolutely right with the curve- I have definitely come to the conclusion that when faced with three choices (low, mid and high cost) the best value is usually in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree that cost/performance is indeed a curve, but remember that price is not the same as cost.  Price is a function of many factors such as competition, supply and demand, etc. not simply the cost of the materials and labor.  This is why, in my opinion, something like a KAC RAS or ACOG are so expensive.  It's not that they cost all that much to produce, it's that supply and demand and lack of comparable products allows the manufacturer to command a very high profit margin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top