Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:26:29 AM EST
I have a Jewel two-stage and a JP single-stage in some current guns. I'm happy with both.

I'm thinking of trying something a little different.

Anybody have a Jard? What say you?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:01:16 AM EST
I have a 3 lb non adjustable large pin JARD in one of my Colt lowers. The break is glass rod crisp and clean. For $130.00 it was a good investment. I opted for the non-adjustable version purely for the sake of mechanical simplicity-but I'm superstitious like that.

I like the single stage JARD better than the two stage Rock River triggers used in a couple of my small pin builds. In the past I have owned a JP as well, but the JP got sloppy as time went on. In defense of the JP however, it wasn't installed by a professional. A buddy of mine helped me install it-long before I (we) learned the finer points of ARs. Looking back, it probably could have been done with much better results by a competent smith.

If you can get your hands on a JARD I'd say go for it-you won't be sorry
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:22:56 AM EST
The 3lb. non-adjustable Jard was the one I was considering. The rifle that I'm selecting this for is more "tactical" in appearance, so I wanted to stay away from two-stage devices as well as mechanical adjustments.

If I recall, I had to "fit" the JP with a file and a stone. It took a little extra time but was worth it, and it has proven to be quite reliable.

I'll try the Jard.
Top Top