Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 5:32:44 AM EDT
Anybody own one and what do thay think of it?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one. I have an ST-10 with the 44mm Ergo objective, 45 MOA Elevation knob (100 - 1000 in one turn, M-40 look alike windage knob - these mean 1/2 MOA elevation and 1/4 MOA windage - so trick, 30 mm tube. Non lit, round dots, with brackets - I like the brackets a bunch.

Thoughts - built like a truck, weighs a ton, outstanding glass, W&E knobs have great positive adjustment.

What I do not like? Cost and weight.

Are you going to use this in an LE capacity? If so, you may really want to look at an adjustable. Over on the hide they are putting together a deal for a SN3 in two power options 3.5x22 or 3.2x17 for around $1500.00.

Personally, I think there are four manufacturers to look at: Loopy (get a reticle conversion - Gen 2 - from Premiere Reticle - I have one in my spotter and it is so nice); Schmidt and Bender - but I think the W&E are still in metric so you will need to do an extra calculation (or just think in terms of metrics); NightForce and USO. I am not wild about NF's open dots - but I could get used to it. Having used my USO for a while I would not want to back to 1/4 MOA for both W&E. Loopy's M3 is good and I might do it on an AR10 but for precision work it is too gross of an adjustment.

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2..like them very much...never had any problems with them...one has standard adjustment knobs and a lit reticle and the other the 45 min knob and unlit reticle...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top