Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:42:58 PM EDT
Guess I've been a tad  heavy-handed with the charging handle

ETA: I usually don't start seeing that until a rifle is at least a couple years old. Guess I've been shooting this one too much

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
hehe
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG, you shoot your Colt? The horror!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I know, I know

I just hope and pray that my KoolAid membership doesn't get revoked
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Not trying to hijack your thread here, but I've never seen the inside of a Colt (will admit I am too poor to afford one) But, the area I've circled, is that controversial block that I hear about from time to time?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not trying to hijack your thread here, but I've never seen the inside of a Colt (will admit I am too poor to afford one) But, the area I've circled, is that controversial block that I hear about from time to time?i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/bushmaster556nato/6920_Oopsquestion.jpg

Typically, the sear block that evokes the most disdain is the protruding block, like this one:

While newer Colt's have the "web" that you circled it's not any worse than the high shelf in other brands of lower

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh ok I got ya, my Bushmaster looks like it does not have anything in there not that I plan on throwing full auto FCG in there. But is there something inside Bushmasters that prevent it that I am not seeing?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The receiver won't be drilled for the sear pin.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Oh ok I got ya, my Bushmaster looks like it does not have anything in there not that I plan on throwing full auto FCG in there. But is there something inside Bushmasters that prevent it that I am not seeing?

If memory serves Bushy is one of the few that could be simply drilled for an autosear without milling out extra material. Not sure about Bushy lowers made my CMT however.

Rock River, Stag etc have a high shelf that would need to be milled for an autosear.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I see where the sear pin goes now, like I said, I have no intentions of doing this. But, was just curious, thanks for showing me though and sorry about hijacking the thread. Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I see where the sear pin goes now, like I said, I have no intentions of doing this. But, was just curious, thanks for showing me though and sorry about hijacking the thread. Learn something new everyday.

Yes, something new every day.  I think with a Bushy, RDAIS and a M16 carrier you could be pretty close though.

But we should  get back to consoling CJan_NH now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#13]
a few of mine have the charging handle wear too.

but of course its on second grade bushmaster lowers and not a colt

shame on you.  i think you should edit you post and remove it before the colt cult comes for you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
After reading this, I looked at my Bushmaster and it's there too, not as severe. I never actually noticed it until he mentioned it on his Colt. Oh well, still shoots so I'm happy.

edited after reading it, and realizing most of it did not make any sense
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
To those interested, Total Silence Inc now makes parts and modifications for the Colt 6920's (and other blue label Colts), that allows the use of a registered DIAS; and these parts include large-pin internals.

Sammy

THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#17]
That's nothing. Got my NIB 6920 last month and now it looks like this:

That VTAC sling scratches it up a bit. But as they say, it's a shooter, not a safe queen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Sweet.  It adds character.

Max
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~nusoox/6920.jpg

You put a Hogue grip on it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That VTAC sling scratches it up a bit. But as they say, it's a shooter, not a safe queen.

WTF is wrong with your rear sight housing?  Do you have it dialed up real high for some reason? DANG AND SUCH!

+1 on the HOGUE GRIP too!  You should have your weapon seized for puting that Gay shit on there!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is wrong with your rear sight housing?  Do you have it dialed up real high for some reason? DANG AND SUCH!

+1 on the HOGUE GRIP too!  You should have your weapon seized for puting that Gay shit on there!

Nothing wrong with it. It's sighted in for 100 yards. Works fine. As does the Hogue. God forbid I should put a comfortable grip on a Colt. What do you think it is, a goddamn holy relic or something? Now go take a pill or a bong hit or something and chill out a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing wrong with it. It's sighted in for 100 yards. Works fine. As does the Hogue. God forbid I should put a comfortable grip on a Colt. What do you think it is, a goddamn holy relic or something? Now go take a pill or a bong hit or something and chill out a little bit.

uhmmm....not to interupt here but...I'll take his bong hit if he doesn't want it!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

YOU.......................... Are going to hell!!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#24]
The picture lucky punk posted ..I have never seen an M16A2 marked lower with burst posistion but is made in the A1 style with no lower improvements at the front pivot and rear of the receiver..cool pic.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Congratulations. They're your marks and only yours. It adds character to the rifle and shows it's being used as intended. I love to see beat up guns that show their service.

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~nusoox/6920.jpg

Very nice also. You put mine to shame. I think I need to go put a few scratches on mine It's refreshing to see pics like these as I get tired of seeing beauty queen virgins that are all decked out, perfect finish, no scratches, yada yada yada. It makes mine look like an ugly duckling and then I remember it goes bang whenever I want it to and that's really all I can ask for. Hell, I love my ugly duckling Colt!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I have never had an AR that did not have those marks.  Is that not normal?  The Gasbusters I have had made distinct cuts in the lower there that are quite deep.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmm, I have a Hogue on my Colt too. I guess Im not cool either.

BTW, nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#28]
All my black Colts have those marks, but the gray ones don't.   My camera took a dump yesterday, so no pics for you.   Gotta get a new one asap, I got a lot of stuff being finished next month!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
All my black Colts have those marks, but the gray ones don't.   My camera took a dump yesterday, so no pics for you.   Gotta get a new one asap, I got a lot of stuff being finished next month!
tinyurl.com/ddcyj

That's interesting Kisara. After reading your post I just had to open the safe and take a look. My gray Colts don't have the marks either

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hmm, I have a Hogue on my Colt too. I guess Im not cool either.

BTW, nice rifle.

All of My Pretty Ponies have the Hogue grip....guess I'm a flamer, too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:49:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Do I get demerits for having a 1st Samco G27 on my Colt, AND the evil t-handle marks too?  I've even shot it. Maybe more than 2000 rounds through it.  Plus I've carried it out in the sticks and got it muddy. I even dropped it once.  Then there are the marks on the upper receiver from various optics being hastily mounted/dismounted.  Even worse- I think I like my Lauer AR more than my Colt!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But is there something inside Bushmasters that prevent it that I am not seeing?

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41042

Unless the walls of your lower where the FCG sits are the same thickness from the hammer pin to the takedown pin you're not "dropping in" an auto sear.

Exactly.  You can't just drill out a Bushy and put a sear into the receiver.  The receiver has the "Low Shelf" but the walls of the receiver would still require milling to fit an evil sear over the selector.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top