Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:14:08 AM EDT
I was in a gun store to day and was looking at the olympic arms rifle that uses the gas piston set up in stead of the regular AR gas system I loved the rifle at least as far as how it felt and looked. What does every body think of these rifles if you have had any experiance with them?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure about the "gas piston set up" or are you talking about the Oly OA Models?
Oly OA Models

Walli
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, doesnt that operate by usong a gas piston?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Here you will find more info: Oly manual

I would not call this system a gas piston set up. I think it is closer to the ZM system: A conventional ar with the recoil spring and "buffer" moved forward allowing a folding stock. On page 18 of the manual you will see that there is a normal gas tube (part 31) used.

I do not like this set up. If I a would need a folding stock I would go with the ZM (or no ar15 at all!), but I prefer a M4 stock.

Gas piston and ar15: LW or POF (and HK)

Walli
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here you will find more info: Oly manual

I would not call this system a gas piston set up. I think it is closer to the ZM system: A conventional ar with the recoil spring and "buffer" moved forward allowing a folding stock. On page 18 of the manual you will see that there is a normal gas tube (part 31) used.

I do not like this set up. If I a would need a folding stock I would go with the ZM (or no ar15 at all!), but I prefer a M4 stock.

Gas piston and ar15: LW or POF (and HK)

Walli

Thanks. I guess it is not what I thought it was. It is quite a bit more money for just a folding stock set up. I like the folding stock better but not $300 better. I thought it had a different gas system.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top