BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2003 7:24:48 AM EDT
Having read through many topics in the AR-15 forum, I get the distinct impression that the Olympic Arms AR-15's are not highly thought of.  Why is that?  I am about to purchase my first AR-15, and am considering Olympic Arms.
Thanks to all who reply.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is my .02 worth.. I currently own a Post Ban Bushmaster A2, and a Pre Ban Oly 11.5" shorty w/ telestock. The Olympic shoots just as well as the Bushmaster, fit and finish is fine. Both guns will probably outlast you given proper care. Oly bbls arent chrome lined, as Bushmasters are. Buy what YOU like, handle em both at a shop if you can. Either one is a good choice (as long as both the upper and lower are forged and not cast). I have both and woudnt sell either of them.. Ever..  John
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
For the most part, the Olympic Arms of today are just as good as most of the top tier companies.  They do have a few duds here and there, but so do the others.  Olympic has, however, seemed to have more growing pains than most others.  It took them a long time to get where they are now quality wise.  

However, Olympic has always been willing to try new things and stick with them, such as (so I have heard) flat top uppers and pistol calibers.  They are supposed to have pioneered those features.  

When Olympic makes a good rifle, they make a damngood rifle.  The key is to handle it yourself at the shop.  If there is a inspection period/good return policy offered, even better.  Or yu should order it from a reputable dealer like [url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/index.html[/url].

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
gmtmaster and knightone pretty much hit the nail on the head. I have one of the CAR97-M4 models with S/S barrel and it has a been a hell of a performer. Really though, I've tortured the hell out of this little rifle and it hasn't missed a beat...not once. Besides, who else offers a lifetime warranty and a 60-day exchange/refund policy?

Bottom line, some talk alot of sh!t about other brands just because they simply either feel the need to justify their choice they've heard of somebody that knew someone that had a friend that had a bad experience with an Olympic 15-years ago.    
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I had a terrible experience with OLY. The rifle I purchased from them had several problems some of the serious. It took them over 14 months to fix it and they lied several times about the return date. One of our new recruits has a problem AR15 he asked me to look at to help him diagnose the problems. Guess what brand it is. Yep and POS OLY.
I will see what I can do. Just another example of the crap OLY lets out of the factory.
PAT
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having read through many topics in the AR-15 forum, I get the distinct impression that the Olympic Arms AR-15's are not highly thought of.  Why is that?  I am about to purchase my first AR-15, and am considering Olympic Arms.
Thanks to all who reply.
View Quote

I bought an SUM (PCR-1) sight unseen out of the box. It has been nothing but great. I ordered the Maxhard barrel and receivers. The barrel I can clean with 2 passes, no kidding, its that smooth. This thing will shoot with any AR out there and better than most bolt rifles. Yes, there are some unhappy customers out there, but I firmly believe that Oly has solved their QC issues, and if you have a problem, they will make it right. They have a good factory trigger, but a JP fire control pkg. makes it really sweet. I would not hesitate to buy Olympic again, and probably will soon. The chrome lined barrel is unecessary unless you are really gonna abuse it. Oh, BTW, Oly is the only mfr. that offers a broach cut barrel. Good luck, let us know what you think.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen certain People on this forum go nutz at the mention of Olympic Arms.  I for one am looking around for a nice M4.  So far, for the price, OLY has a realy good deal.  

Heck, i even looked at a colt M4, and it was terrible.  They wanted 1000 for it, and the upper was 3 different colors.  And had side 2 side slop.  this was brand new.  Never fired riffle.  

Basicly, when you about to buy your riffle, look at all of them.  Then go with you first choice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Less well thought of is a good way to put it.  The bolt on my Oly won't close over a magazine.  The lower is so out of spec that the bolt hits the feed lips on the magazine.  With that said, I paid less $500 for the lower and kit including shipping, so I can't complain too loudly.  I took my chances, and I lost.  I know others have bought Oly rifles and came-out ahead.z
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#8]
as mentioned before, the cast receivers are good at best......the forged receivers are tops in the industry........be sure it's forged upper and lower to get a perfect match......cast lowers are of lesser quality as far as fit/finish......My Olympic upper is special order: black cryo stainless broach cut 16" heavy, with picatinny gas block and receiver.......awesome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Well I had a terrible experience with OLY
View Quote

Everyone has their share of problems too.  A friend of mine bought a new postban bushy and the upper is so dang loose it looks like it's going to fall off.  Bushy tried to sell him a little plastic piece to shove in there, but he's sending it in.  Not only that, but they gave him a semi-gloss black upper and a flat black lower that don't even match.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have owned three Oly's, all with SS barrels including an Oly Ultramatch (1" bull barrel, free floated, flattop) is superbly accurate.  NO malfunctions even with its "tight match chamber".

I have (or had) rifles by DPMS, J&T, and Armalite, too, so have a little basis for comparison.

Olys are nice rifles.  Apparently the Glockster had a bad experience and has ragged on Oly pretty badly, but all of my experiences have been just the opposite, including excelent service in every way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't waste your money, Billy Bob!  For a few hundred more you can get a decent rifle and skip all the headaches associated with OLY's CRAP!

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Owning nothing but ArmaLite and Bushmaster, I looked at Oly with a jaded eye also.  I handled the rifles at my local dealer, I could just never warm up to them.  But the fit and finish on the Oly rifles continued to improve, it was obvious Oly was making the decision to built a better product.  

I saw and fell in lust with a PCR-16 recently that was the equal of my Bushmaster rifles in every respect... it came home with me.  It's now topped with an ARMS #5 and a Leupold Vari-X 3 Tactical 3.5-10x40 and is proving to be a highly accurate piece of hardware...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I built an Oly PCR from a kit on a Rock River stripped lower.  About 1000 rounds and 5 DCM matches saw it break-in to a fine shooter with never a malfunction.

My only complaint is the trigger... too many match guns have made me picky.

My bottom line: Oly is a great value.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a new Olympic PCR7 3 months ago - I absolutely am very impressed with it. It has not malfunctioned even ONE time in 500 rounds, and that is much more than I can say for the M16A2 I had had when in the service. I have found no flaws in fit/finish. Customer service has been accessible and helpful. The Olympic Lifetime warranty speaks for itself. If the name is important to you, buy a Bushy or Colt ($200-300 more for the same model), but overall value was my goal, for an everyday shooter. I can't say enough about my Oly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#15]
As i said earlier.  there are peope in here that will say buy the BIG 3 because of past problems.  If everyone went by Companies past history, why do we drive cars.  Why do we use computers.  Its people that have paid high prices for all there riffles, and there can be no better then what they bought.  But that is only to justify what they bought, for the price they bought it.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I have had at least 5 that I can think of and none failed me, got rid of them only because the price was right, would not hesitate to have another or two.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#17]
In my personal experience.  Olympic Arms has really lousy customer service, if it breaks you are screwed.  They have some quality issues, one of them is that apparently nothing fails QC inspections.  You may get a great gun or you may get a piece of shit.

The Olympic Arms guy I talked to told me he would beat me up if I did not like the gun,,last time I called.  That was a bizarre way to resolve an issue to say the least.

I'm sure the "Oly Apologists" will rant that I, like all former customers, lie about shit like this but it really happened.

I own Bushmaster, Armalite and Eagle Arms currently.  Never had a problem with them or their service.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]
i have a built AR on OLy lower, and i have a bushy dissapator model, the bushy trigger is ALOT better in stock form and the finish is smoother, the oly has rougher edges. i personally think there is a diff., yeah they all basically function the same. but ill take Bushy over the OLy any day, dunno bout the other brands.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]
uh-oh, another Oly thread.

[peep]

side note:  no experience w/ Oly, but have an RRA and love it.  Can't go wrong there[:)]
[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm an ArmaLite guy.

I also own a preban Olympic and it's a fine shooting AR.

Like someone said waaaay back at the top - buy what YOU like !!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#21]
The only Oly I have is a preban lower with a Bushy upper. Fit and finish is excellent between them, and the colors match perfectly.
Steve
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#22]
dbooton,
Buy what you like, for what you can afford.  If you have a set budget, that includes ammo, mags and gun, do the math before you make your mind up.  

Welcome to the sickness
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
as mentioned before, the cast receivers are good at best......the forged receivers are tops in the industry........be sure it's forged upper and lower to get a perfect match......cast lowers are of lesser quality as far as fit/finish......My Olympic upper is special order: black cryo stainless broach cut 16" heavy, with picatinny gas block and receiver.......awesome.
View Quote
Well let us see it then.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In my personal experience.  Olympic Arms has really lousy customer service, if it breaks you are screwed.  They have some quality issues, one of them is that apparently nothing fails QC inspections.  You may get a great gun or you may get a piece of shit.

The Olympic Arms guy I talked to told me he would beat me up if I did not like the gun,,last time I called.  That was a bizarre way to resolve an issue to say the least.

I'm sure the "Oly Apologists" will rant that I, like all former customers, lie about shit like this but it really happened.

I own Bushmaster, Armalite and Eagle Arms currently.  Never had a problem with them or their service.
View Quote

"gonna beat you up"  That strikes me as absurd, to say the least. He must really want you as a customer. Nobody has ever denied that Oly had QC issues. No other company has been what Oly has been thru either. Burned to the ground, try salvaging all your records and determine who is telling the truth. You and Glockphan must be one and the same. Old BS.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks to all that replied.  I purchased an Oly PCR-5,  The fit between the upper and lower was hairline, absolutely no play.  Overall impression was high quality.  Took it to the range, adjusted the sights IAW Improved Battlesight Zero and had a great time at the range.  Fired 120 rounds (IMI M193's) and the functioning was flawless (hearing that twang from the buttstock seemed strange at first).  I am a more skilled shotgunner, but was VERY pleased with how the Oly preformed.  This rifle is a real kick in the ass to shoot.  Thanks to all your inputs, I made a good choice and got a hell of a nice piece!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#26]
dbooton, congratulations on your purchase. My family has 3 Olympic's, 3 Colts, 1 Essential Arms, and 1 Bushmaster. You can't go wrong with either rifle, all are high quality. My only problem has been I couldn't stop at one.

The best to you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#27]
gonna beat you up" That strikes me as absurd, to say the least. He must really want you as a customer. Nobody has ever denied that Oly had QC issues. No other company has been what Oly has been thru either. Burned to the ground, try salvaging all your records and determine who is telling the truth. You and Glockphan must be one and the same. Old BS.
END

I know its hard for your little mind to understand but Oly has a lot more than 2 unsatisified customers out there. The are the most complained about company on these internet forums. If you were lucky and actually got one that ran be happy. But don't tell the rest of us who got one and got screwed to  be happy. If oly did not have serious issues we would not be having this thread.
PAT
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#28]
This is starting to become about as interesting as a Ford vs. Chevy argument.

Congrats on your rifle. I've gotten more and more attached to my CAR97-M4 since I've had more time to shoot it here lately. Really though, I couldn't have ever expected this model to be as accurate as it is, especially with the 16" barrel. All I need now is a PCR16 upper for some really hair splitting sh!t.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I am not the same person as Glockfan for you simps. Maybe thats an OLY problem that can be fixed someday.  Thinking that all unhappy customers are actually the same person is a sure sign your wiring is all fvcked up.

I really like the part where no matter what happens you OLY-tards think its a lie. I dont see the Bushy or Armalite crowd here calling people liars.  They try to fix their product, maybe OLY should try that sometime.  

Go ahead Oly-tard, tell me one more time how Oly is problem free in the areas of quality and customer service.  I'm sure a fire several years ago is a good reason to be shitty to people, or maybe its because the employees are overweight or having their period or whatever. No matter what the case, Oly is the ONLY company that has provided crappy customer service and a CRAPPY product to me.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#30]
It is unbelievable that some individuals go so far as to even start categorizing and judging people as good or bad based on what firearm they own. This sort of stereotyping and prejudice takes ignorance to a new height.

We can only hope that such shortsighted and immature individuals never serve in a position of responsibility.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#31]
And dbooton,
 congratulations on your new PCR. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine!
(forgive me for being an 'Olytard", lol)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Suck it up, hero!! With an attitude like yours, it's almost funny that you have such shitty luck.

Oh, and for their customer service, I was just in their shop earlier today and all I saw was employees running around jumping through their asses helping customers.

Maybe you wouldn't have such a bad taste of their customer service if the rep had jumped through the phone and kissed your a$$ and made everything good in the world. [:K]  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All I need now is a PCR16 upper for some really hair splitting sh!t.
View Quote

I picked up a PCR16 a few weeks back... very accurate with several loads, and I'm still working on finding ammo it REALLY likes... this thing is going to be a real one-hole shooter... get one!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#34]
So in order to get customer service I need to hang out in the OLY shop?  Armalite does not require me to drive to the factory to get help. I do not require anything from OLY, I do not own anything they make any longer.

I have chosen to buy from reputable companies. The original question in this topic was,"Why some people do not think highly of Olympic Arms?"  I stated why I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

If somebody at OLY has taken a recent interest in "Quality Control" or customer service I am happy for them.  When I was looking for customer service it was not there.

When it comes to complaints about quality, OLY and HESSE seem to lead the way.  If you got one that works, congratulations.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd have to agree when it comes to Hesse/Century in my experience. Bought 2 disaster CETMEs from Century International Arms - Very poor QC.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#36]
All I am going to say is that I love my Oly and that they have great customer service. And I didn't even have to drive from AZ to WA to get it. By the way, the worst AR I ever owned was a big-pile-of-Colt! Now I only wished that I wasn't forced to sell my AR. [8D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Phessor, don't sell it, no matter what. Come september 2004 who knows what will happen. The ban may indeed sunset, or the new laws may ban ARs outright. No one knows for sure. This is a good time to hang on to what you have!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Maybe you wouldn't have such a bad taste of their customer service if the rep had jumped through the phone and kissed your a$$ and made everything good in the world.  
END

How about they fix what they sent out broken in a reasonable amount of time without lying. Maybe things have changed in recent years. But unless their under new ownership I highly doubt it. Again I have seen more oly's with problems than all other brands of AR15's combined.
PAT
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#39]
[qoute]Again I have seen more oly's with problems than all other brands of AR15's combined.
PAT [/quote]

Huh-huh, preach on, preach on.[rolleyes]

Look guy, it really is too bad that you got a bad one. Really, I hate to see people get a bad gun...from any brand. The damned things are way too expensive to be losing money on. God knows, I've had some serious shitty luck when it comes to "getting that bad one" (mostly with handguns, though). Many of the "bad ones" were from brands that were then and still are hyped to be some of the best, if not THE best.

There is an awfully lot of Olympic ARs in this area simply because, I believe anyway, they're made right down the street, here locally. I see quite a few of them at the range almost everytime I go and, unlike you, I just do not see these malfunctioning, POS Olys.

I spent over two years checking out various ARs, but could never give up the cash because the Colts and Armalites were way overpriced IMO (for a mostly aluminum gun, for a little more you could have a DSA, M1A, etc.), and the Bushmasters, well, what can I say, sloppy upper/lower receiver fit, funky looking finishes, atrocious friggin' triggers, and just a generally cheap look.  

The Olympics, however, have them beat hands down. Better finish, tighter fit, incredible accuracy, lifetime warranty, and a 60-day exchange/refund policy all at a lower price (probably because they do not have to pay the additional costs of outside manufacturing sources). In addition, the rifle is made entirely IN-HOUSE at Oly, not assembled from parts manufactured by others. Why do you think you only get a 1-year warranty with the others? Hell, they don't even have enough faith in their own stuff to offer anything even resembling a decent warranty...that should be the first alarm bell sounding.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#40]
The Olympics, however, have them beat hands down. Better finish, tighter fit, incredible accuracy, lifetime warranty, and a 60-day exchange/refund policy all at a lower price (probably because they do not have to pay the additional costs of outside manufacturing sources). In addition, the rifle is made entirely IN-HOUSE at Oly, not assembled from parts manufactured by others. Why do you think you only get a 1-year warranty with the others? Hell, they don't even have enough faith in their own stuff to offer anything even resembling a decent warranty...that should be the first alarm bell sounding.

END

Oly's warranty is not a big selling point for me. A 14-month turn around is nothing to brag about.  Not to mention the fact they would not fix the trigger and referred me to their sub contractor. I have owned a lot of Colts and a Bushy and I never had to take advantage of their warranties. I have been to oly's plant. It looked more like a chicken farm. But that’s neither here nor there. As a law enforcement officer and as an urban rifle instructor I have came across my share of AR15's and the ones with serious problems typically are Oly. There have been complaint against other brands but no other name comes up nearly as much as oly. Why do you think we have entire threads on oly's and their quality or lack of. Not many threads bashing Colt or Bushmaster or even Armalite Ar15's. But there sure are a lot of Oly threads. Makes you wonder. Of course not every rifle Oly makes is crap. The problem is fair amounts are. Based on what I have seen it’s way more than the occasional lemon. That plus the customer service nightmare people have to go through when they get their lemons makes Oly an unwise choice. Hey I am glad you got a good one. But is the chance of getting a lemon from oly worth the little you save. I would say not no but hell no.
PAT
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:16:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Oly's warranty is not a big selling point for me. A 14-month turn around is nothing to brag about.  Not to mention the fact they would not fix the trigger and referred me to their sub contractor. I have owned a lot of Colts and a Bushy and I never had to take advantage of their warranties. I have been to oly's plant. It looked more like a chicken farm. But that’s neither here nor there. As a law enforcement officer and as an urban rifle instructor I have came across my share of AR15's and the ones with serious problems typically are Oly. There have been complaint against other brands but no other name comes up nearly as much as oly. Why do you think we have entire threads on oly's and their quality or lack of. Not many threads bashing Colt or Bushmaster or even Armalite Ar15's. But there sure are a lot of Oly threads. Makes you wonder. Of course not every rifle Oly makes is crap. The problem is fair amounts are. Based on what I have seen it’s way more than the occasional lemon. That plus the customer service nightmare people have to go through when they get their lemons makes Oly an unwise choice. Hey I am glad you got a good one. But is the chance of getting a lemon from oly worth the little you save. I would say not no but hell no.
PAT
View Quote

Well, life is hard for all us "Oly-tards". The rifle I'm shooting .5 MOA with all day long is really getting on my nerves. I should throw the damn thing away. And so should all the others that are buying OLY every day. It's funny that that the good experiences are far outnumbering the bad ones lately. Do you think that OLY's products and customer service just might be improving? What a concept!! We are all sad that you had a bad experience, but we don't see everyone that had a bad experience with A,B or C bashing them every chance they get.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#42]
And more importantly, it is important to not show our ignorance by namecalling and labeling of people we simply disagree with.

There really is no excuse for that, no matter what firearm you own or don't own, like or dislike. It's matter of maturity and courtesy.

Show some respect to your fellow firearm owners by displaying a bit of civility. (I am referring to the "OLYTARD" reference by lonegunman).  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#43]
And more importantly, it is important to not show our ignorance by namecalling and labeling of people we simply disagree with.

There really is no excuse for that, no matter what firearm you own or don't own, like or dislike. It's matter of maturity and courtesy.
END

I agree. I will also point out that those defending oly have made comments just as harsh as lonegunmans.
PAT
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I will engage in no namecalling or personal judgements. this is not the place for that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I will engage in no namecalling or personal judgements. this is not the place for that.
END

I agree.
PAT
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I will try and not engage in name calling, unless some OLY employee posting under one of his three screen names calls me a liar.

I am recounting my personal experience in dealing with their company.  Not what I heard about or saw at the range or read on ARFCOM.  

You can complain about anything here EXCEPT an OLY, if you do people start ranting about how well their OLY shoots or calling people liars, neither of which actually fix a broken OLY or improve service.

I have been coming here for years and this does not happen with Bushmaster, Armalite or Colt.  Apparently, overpriced companies do not need to call customers liars to fix the problems they have with their guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#47]
[qoute] I am not the same person as Glockfan for you simps. Maybe thats an OLY problem that can be fixed someday. Thinking that all unhappy customers are actually the same person is a sure sign your wiring is all fvcked up.

I really like the part where no matter what happens you OLY-tards think its a lie. I dont see the Bushy or Armalite crowd here calling people liars. They try to fix their product, maybe OLY should try that sometime.

Go ahead Oly-tard, tell me one more time how Oly is problem free in the areas of quality and customer service. I'm sure a fire several years ago is a good reason to be shitty to people, or maybe its because the employees are overweight or having their period or whatever. No matter what the case, Oly is the ONLY company that has provided crappy customer service and a CRAPPY product to me. [/quote].

Oly-tard?? You gotta be shittin' me. I would expect something of this caliber to come from someone not even old enough to buy a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone care what I think?  

From what I have 'heard' i agree/believe that they must have had some serious QA/AC issues in the past.  

From what I 'know' that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I have a new Oly PCR 16.  works great. no problems.  bought it direct, the sales rep was totally cool with me.  let me customize it and all kinds of stuff. let me know when it shipped, I tracked it to the store and knew it was there before the FFL did.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#49]
If you got a good one lately I am happy for you.  Maybe an "OLY-tard" like 2manchu wont start calling you a liar when it breaks.  Heck if you are lucky he will type the entire Olympic Arms brochure into his e-mail to you, like he does here.

If you have a bad experience from OLY, he seems to think you are a liar, little kid or god knows what.  It seems to prove my point, that bad service and product do not result in a correction, only name calling and petty bickering from the nearest "OLY-tard".

If OLY employees can read the blueprints that they bought from Bushmaster, Armalite or Colt they can build an AR that works.  Even OLY can get it right most of the time.  They did not invent or enhance this firearm in the least.  The hear them crowing about how much "better" their copy of somebodies else's gun is is kind of silly.

Like I said before, no other manufactor has people prowling the boards, spreading lies about product quality and calling people liars or kids or idiots except Olympic Arms.  Almost never will you hear them offer to make it right or honor their mysterious warranty, if you want to save a hundred bucks and keep a company of people like this in business thats ok with me.  I choose to spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well I had a terrible experience with OLY. The rifle I purchased from them had several problems some of the serious. It took them over 14 months to fix it and they lied several times about the return date. One of our new recruits has a problem AR15 he asked me to look at to help him diagnose the problems. Guess what brand it is. Yep and POS OLY.
I will see what I can do. Just another example of the crap OLY lets out of the factory.
PAT
View Quote

My friend, you have not been around real long if you think Oly has the only bad customer service story, as I have seen problems with all manufacturers at one time or another...

The question is, do they back up their product.  In your case, you say they treated you poorly.  I expect that is from years ago.  In the past 5 years Oly's service and quality has been excellent.

With their lifetime warrenty, if you have a problem or your friend, send it in to get it fixed.

If you have problems fixing your friends rifle and need help, drop me a line and we will get it solved for you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top