Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2002 6:58:32 PM EDT
I see a few good deals at the gun show this weekend, and want to know how you guys would rate the lowers.  They do have a few oly arms lowers for $350, and some colt for 500, and a pre ban colt for 700.  I was looking for a bushmaster but Im still looking. I did read a post awhile back about "whats your favorite rifle" but would like to know whos lowers to stay away from.
Chris
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Those prices on post-ban lowers are way too friggin high!  Cast Oly lowers stripped are around $85, forged stripped around $95!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought three of them for $79.00 each. 2 of them were out of spec and one even had to go back to Oly to be redone. I also have one of their preban rifles and one Oly parts kit.

I'm a slow learner, but I will not buy Oly products under any circumstances now.

Link Posted: 11/23/2002 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one and the trigger pin holes were too big, and the mag well is too tight to accept all of the mags that my other ARs accept.  I use it with a socom block for a 9mm upper now. It works ok for that. I wouldnt buy another one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 3  ( a dissapator clone, a 24" Varmiter and a 50 Beowulf) rifles built on post ban forged Oly lowers and have had no problems with them I will probably buy another right after the holidays
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I ended up with a PWA lower.  I hope it works as good as it looks, I tried to find some more info about the company but nothing turned up.  Thanks for the help guys!
Chris
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought that you could not have ARs in Cali?
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I have always read alot of negative things about Oly products.  But I have only had positive experiences with the Oly products that I own.  

I own (3) Oly Forged lowers ser # prefix JJ.  I built them into complete rifles.  The first two were Model 1 kits and the third was from EE parts.

OSA
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Since the prices in your post are screwy ... and you are in California...

IF those were the prices then the Colt Pre-ban would be the one of choice ...

For it would tend to appreciate immediately by $300.00 where the others would depreciate by $200 (unless they were complete)

Ted...
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#9]
[b][size=4]JUNK![/size=4][/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top