Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 11:10:07 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with Oly Arms about an AR-15 receiver I bought back in the late '80s. I told the guy it had about 3000 rds through it and the left side hammer pin hole has seriously egged out. His response was that the life time warranty only covers manufacturing defects and that is what this is. I told him the right side hole is fine and no receiver pin hole is going to egg out, especially on one side only, in 3000 rds. He told me to buy another receiver!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Who did you talk to?

I have never had a problem with them at all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Who did you talk to?  While I've heard plenty of complaints about OA, they have always seemed to be decent with their returns.

You may want to try oa2.org as there are OA employees over there.  You won't get anything other than Oly bashing on this board.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got off the phone with Oly Arms about an AR-15 receiver I bought back in the late '80s. I told the guy it had about 3000 rds through it and the left side hammer pin hole has seriously egged out. His response was that the life time warranty only covers manufacturing defects and that is what this is. I told him the right side hole is fine and no receiver pin hole is going to egg out, especially on one side only, in 3000 rds. He told me to buy another receiver!  

I'm confused....this sentance sounds like it would be covered......as it's a manufacturing defect....apparantly not?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You won't get anything other than Oly bashing on this board.

can I ask why? Is it something related to bad practice of the past, bad service/warranty (as in this topic!) or is it because of present bad quality of the products?
My experience is limited to one rifle, built in 2005, from Olyarms, and it does run fine, I did only run less than 500 rounds thru it though. I own other AR15 rifles, and the quality seems fair (of course my SP2 is a LOT better looking...).
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
a close friend bought an oly and he had constant problems with it till he stop shooting it. parts breaking left and right.

seared off carrier key
snapping firing pins
seared carrier key bolts
muzzle brake coming loose but not able to be removed
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry. Should have read"His response was that the life time warranty only covers manufacturing defects and that is not what this is."  I don't remember the guy's name.  One other thing he told me that it was normal wear. He also said that if it would pass a function test, there was nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
If there is no problem the function of the weapon, I can't blame them for not delving into it deeper.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one go KABOOM ! They did warranty it and I sold it as soon as I got it back.
Phessor
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top