BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 10:07:17 PM EDT
I believe OA sells a 10mm upper.

Who has one?

I know that we can hunt deer with SW 610 revolvers with 6 inch barrels.  Have one.  But generally limit shot to under 50 yards for maximum accuracy.

Thinking a 10mm carbine may get me another 50 yards.

What kind of FPE can I get out of a 16 inch barrel?

Thinking about deer hunting and would like to know what the range is on that gun.  Out to 100 yards with iron sights?

411?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I believe OA sells a 10mm upper.

Who has one?

Yes Oly makes a 10mm upper/rifle.

I have one.

It has the best ballistics of all the pistol caliber AR's.  The data was on here somewhere, but with the board changing recently, I cannot find stuff so easily with search.

mark
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
With my own handloads I was getting a 200-370fps gain (depending on bullet weight) with my 16" Oly 10mm carbine over a 5" pistol.  These loads were worked up for a pistol-length barrel so with a better powder (maybe AA#9) you could take advantage of the longer barrel and get even more out of it.  Here in Oregon though you can't use a semiauto with a magazine capacity of more than five rounds though.  In my opinion an Oly 10mm wouldn't make a very practical deer hunting gun, but it would be fun!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top