Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:57:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 10:58:23 AM EST by rak1004]
Is there any place where I can get a old style upper (traingle handguards, no forward assist). I want to build one of those for my collection, but cant seem to find the uppers. Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:31:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 11:32:00 AM EST by Blanco_Diablo]

ETA: Or the EE.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:22:47 PM EST
You'll probably see folks refer to this style of upper as "slabside" or "slickside".

Fulton Armory carries new slabside uppers, and Northridge carries full M16 furniture sets.

The main issue you'll run across in a retro is finding a pre-A2 style lower. You can just use an A2 if it doesn't bother you, put out a fair bit of effort or cash to get a pre-A2 lower, or file down the magwell fence on an A2 lower to get something that looks like a pre-A2 lower.

Check out any or the "retro" threads currently running on ARF to get some ideas.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:19:12 PM EST
CDNN is another option.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:22:56 PM EST
Lower is not a problem, I dont think most regular joes would even notice, I just wanted a rifle with that type look to it, ya know, diversity
Top Top