Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 8:19:38 PM EDT
If I order directly from DPMS, do they usually ship within a reasonable time ?  Do they respond well to orders placed thru their online store ?

I know that I can order thru other vendors that are DPMS dealers and get lower prices.  But, I do not mind paying more for the same item.  Because when I order direct thru DPMS, I know beyond any doubts that what I recieve will be a genuine DPMS item.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's in stock, I suppose you would be good to go, but I don't know for sure.

I'm sure there are plenty of dealers out there that could hook you up with what you want.

RB Precision comes to mind because Robert is a local guy, and one hell of a guy at that.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered from them and although they made a mistake with a part (omission I think) everything else went fine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I've ordered from thier online store 3-4 times with no problems
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the quick replies.  I just placed my order online with DPMS.  Thanks !!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If I order directly from DPMS, do they usually ship within a reasonable time ?  Do they respond well to orders placed thru their online store ?

I know that I can order thru other vendors that are DPMS dealers and get lower prices.  But, I do not mind paying more for the same item.  Because when I order direct thru DPMS, I know beyond any doubts that what I recieve will be a genuine DPMS item.

I've never had any problems ordering directly from them.
The only issue that I have had is that they (UPS) require an adult signature, no matter what the content of the package(s).
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
If you know your UPS driver, let him know that your looking for a package from DPMS and thats it ok to leave. I've never had to sign, not even for ammo.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the same problem last week. They do not warn you about signature required and not only do they require it but it is required IN PERSON. I ordered a LPK and it took me an extra 3 days to get it since I had to go to the UPS depot to pick it up 40 minutes away...1 way!

I no longer order from DPMS, IF I were to order again it would be from a reseller who does not have such a silly requirement. I don't mind leaving a signature if required but this IN PERSON bs is for the birds. We are not all retired or have the ability to stay home from work guessing if the driver will show up, UPS WEB tracking has been and will be wrong from time to time.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Armalite is the same way, must be present.  I just get my stuff shipped to work
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Order from Brownells.  They have DPMS parts and don't play that silly game.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
DPMS will ship for free if order is over $25.00 this makes them as cheap as anyone else to order from. Only problem I have had is every thing I want is on backorder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top