Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:47:39 PM EDT
 I finally sent out for the barrel and upper. And ordered 2 lowers. One for a later build. So, I have a question. My build will be a .204 long gun. Would you put a compensator on it?? Bennie Cooley from JP looks nice. And I think that might be all it does on a heavy .204. Do you think that it could lessen accuracy?? Thanks for your input...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
dont know, never shot a .204 before
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
 WOW not alot of replies on that one....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If it was me, I would not put a Brake on it. I believe that anyting you do (threading) the end of the barrel will/can change the harmonics of the barrel thus degrading accuracy. The .204 does not kick much, so a Brake is really not needed.
Thats my .02.
TS
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 Tabersmith, I don`t think ground hogs shoot back so it ok if they see the flash.  Only if they see it
you missed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top