User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1090 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#1]
Is my Warcomp 3p acceptable or should I just get the normal 3p until funds allow for the 4 prong?
Edit added pic forgot about page ownage
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:57:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#2]
So who is rocking a fully painted CQBR but has the rail still FDE? I think I’m going to turn my 300BLK into a CQBR.

Also anyone know what color cerakote is used on the RC?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:
Is my Warcomp 3p acceptable or should I just get the normal 3p until funds allow for the 4 prong?
View Quote
3P or Closed Tine FH until 4P
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
The 3 prong is pretty acceptable as a substitute for the 4 prong.  So Id say switch if you weren't planning on the 4 prong, but since you are saving, put that money towards getting the 4 prong quicker.  Of course unless it will drive you crazy, which those things sometimes do for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply guys. I will just return/exchange it for the 3p
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/16/2018 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I need to find a weekend to drink a few and spray my lower. I just know it would never come out as nice as some on here.
Is step one always to get enough liquid courage?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I need to find a weekend to drink a few and spray my lower. I just know it would never come out as nice as some on here.
View Quote
Less is more. Just spray lightly and let it wear.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
That’s the plan. I just can’t decide if I want to do the lower and stock(Black sopmod) or upper and lower along with the stock. Definitely know that I do not want to do the fde rail.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're gonna spray spray the whole thing
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
If you're gonna spray spray the whole thing
View Quote
this.

things look fuckey when an entire part of it doesnt have paint but the rest of the gun is painted.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#12]
Surprised to hear this. I see so many on here that are half painted.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
The only ones that do that are mostly the ones that are afraid to paint, and secondary, the ones that simply replaced a receiver since the paint job.

Problem with a half paint is you do it, then realise you hate it cause its only half painted, then you finally paint the upper and they don't match right.

I say just get it over with, spray the whole thing. Maybe take off the optic if you want to but that's about it
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]

The only ones that do that are mostly the ones that are afraid to paint, and secondary, the ones that simply replaced a receiver since the paint job.

Problem with a half paint is you do it, then realise you hate it cause its only half painted, then you finally paint the upper and they don't match right.

I say just get it over with, spray the whole thing. Maybe take off the optic if you want to but that's about it
View Quote
again, this.

looks crazy to me when an upper or lower is painted and the other half isnt, or if the two are completely mismatched paint jobs lol.

either paint it all or dont.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with not doing your rail (if it’s FDE).
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#16]
View Quote
Paint everything but the rail. The exposed DD FDE always looks better on a painted rig.

What I was saying on the less is more is that you don’t want to cake it on there. Just slightly dust it until you get what you want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southernpat] [#17]

View Quote
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:

again, this.

looks crazy to me when an upper or lower is painted and the other half isnt, or if the two are completely mismatched paint jobs lol.

View Quote
The attached photo is the CQBRs normal lower. The painted lower has a binary in it and I put it on there to have some fun. To each their own though.

Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By southernpat:
The attached photo is the CQBRs normal lower. The painted lower has a binary in it and I put it on there to have some fun. To each their own though.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/854/30088026778_98e7f89589_b.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By southernpat:

again, this.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/854/30088026778_98e7f89589_b.jpg
Thanks for sharing. I like it both ways on your pics. I guess for now I will just leave it black.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:47:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]

Eta-elcan, peq, su233, dual switch, corncob in da wheat field.

Eta- eo 552 on the ras/ris. Arms40std,Surefire m900a- just noticed the millennium series handheld at his waste too
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#20]
A little SOCOM RC blast baffle action at 700 rounds.

Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By krdt:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.101618.SOCOM.RC.Blast.Baffle-700-01.jpg
View Quote
Noice Noice. Lets see the outside now

@Dyzastr haven't seen that top pic in a while. Never seen that second pic. Old skewl. I think CD will like that one. (552 on RAS, ARMS BUIS)
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#22]

@Dyzastr haven't seen that top pic in a while. Never seen that second pic. Old skewl. I think CD will like that one. (552 on RAS, ARMS BUIS)
View Quote
my thoughts exactly. thought of CD when I found it. usually see old school m4's set up like that. not too often do you come across a cqbr set up like that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#23]

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.101618.SOCOM.RC.Blast.Baffle-700-01.jpg
View Quote
I've wondered what kind of affect a 3p has on overall performance with the rc?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Nice, does bring back memories

CD
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#25]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
View All Quotes

The baffle wear is uneven with a 3p. Back in the day when we couldn't get 4 prongs we had an SF armorer post pics of their baffle wear and members (I think AR-Ryan may have been one of them) posted the same pics used with a SF3P. Obviously the exhaust ports don't match up on the 3P and it showed in the pics
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

This is pretty much current - darkening up pretty quickly.

The baffle wear is uneven with a 3p. Back in the day when we couldn't get 4 prongs we had an SF armorer post pics of their baffle wear and members (I think AR-Ryan may have been one of them) posted the same pics used with a SF3P. Obviously the exhaust ports don't match up on the 3P and it showed in the pics
Yeah, with the 3P two ports mostly line up and the third lands in the middle between the ports.

That's one of the reasons I wanted a 4P besides just correctness - it's really what the RC was designed for. No idea if there is any difference in wear or performance 3P vs. 4P, but I figured if I wasn't going to run a muzzle brake, I should at least have the right flash hider that aligns with the ports. Well, that and... cause 4 prong :D.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:01:25 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Best paint jobs come from not giving a fuck and over thinking it. Get a little "fuck it" in your system and lay down some light passes until what you like appears.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:02:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Best paint jobs come from not giving a fuck and over thinking it. Get a little "fuck it" in your system and lay down some light passes until what you like appears.
View Quote
best part of it is if it looks like shit and you dont like it...spray it again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I like my mis-matched, nothing is painted the same, setup.

The lower is actually for my M4 clone and it didn't have paint. I was just to cheap and lazy to build and SBR 2 lowers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:18:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Nice, does bring back memories

CD
View Quote
@Combat_Diver

Somewhat related question, might have asked you before but I can't remember.

Do you have any idea what the service life on a suppressed 10.3 barrel is? Was there any round interval they got rebarreled or just when they wouldn't group anymore? Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

And acetone or CitriStrip makes Krylon it's bitch and comes right off.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:13:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:

@Combat_Diver

Somewhat related question, might have asked you before but I can't remember.

Do you have any idea what the service life on a suppressed 10.3 barrel is? Was there any round interval they got rebarreled or just when they wouldn't group anymore? Thanks for any info.
View Quote
Lots of variables involved, don't know of anyone that keeps their suppressor on all the time.  Generally they call me if the gun won't group anymore or I stop by and gauge all their guns like I'm doing now on the road (ie barrel erosion gauge). I do try and put on new bolts at 6,000 rds.  Barrels can last longer up to 3x the amount.

CD
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#33]
View All Quotes

I do remember those pics. I know the ports don't line up with the mouse holes on a 3p, but I thought mouse holes were more of a way to relieve back pressure as the bullet exits. If that is the case, then I wouldn't think it would be too much different. I'll have to look back to see if there are any pics of dissected rc's. I would almost venture to say the mouse holes/ ports would be less eroded with a 3p as the gasses aren't directed at the holes. Unless they are, just in an off way, then I could see more erosion. Other than the blast baffle not looking symmetrical with a 4p, I'd be curious to see how the rest of the baffles look in comparison.

eta-obviously a brake is best for erosion. I would almost venture to believe the military went with the 4p over the 3p for its flash hiding benefits. I could be wrong. Just tryin to think about it from other angles. I remember the ports in the blast baffle/ first few are intended to help decrease back pressure.  So With that line of thought, the holes matching up with a 4p would just be a nice feature and not neccassarily more beneficial. I really don't know though. What say the baffle scholars?

eta- I just visualized how ports work to decrease back pressure, and now I can understand how the 4p would actually be an aid with the 4 ports matching. I was visualizing it all wrong when I first started this line of thought.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#34]

I like em dirty, clean, painted, unpainted, half painted, half unpainted....I just like em all. Can't say I've seen a cqbr I didn't like...
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#35]

http://i.imgur.com/R2yBCO2.jpg
I like em dirty, clean, painted, unpainted, half painted, half unpainted....I just like em all. Can't say I've seen a cqbr I didn't like...
http://i.imgur.com/kiDe4E6.jpg
View Quote
Looks sick!

If anyone has a bead on an SU231. Let me know!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
I think you are right about they all look good.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Lots of variables involved, don't know of anyone that keeps their suppressor on all the time.  Generally they call me if the gun won't group anymore or I stop by and gauge all their guns like I'm doing now on the road (ie barrel erosion gauge). I do try and put on new bolts at 6,000 rds.  Barrels can last longer up to 3x the amount.

CD
View Quote
Thank you very much
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
I want a purple upper reciever so bad! That looks good!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I do remember those pics. I know the ports don't line up with the mouse holes on a 3p, but I thought mouse holes were more of a way to relieve back pressure as the bullet exits. If that is the case, then I wouldn't think it would be too much different. I'll have to look back to see if there are any pics of dissected rc's. I would almost venture to say the mouse holes/ ports would be less eroded with a 3p as the gasses aren't directed at the holes. Unless they are, just in an off way, then I could see more erosion. Other than the blast baffle not looking symmetrical with a 4p, I'd be curious to see how the rest of the baffles look in comparison.

eta-obviously a brake is best for erosion. I would almost venture to believe the military went with the 4p over the 3p for its flash hiding benefits. I could be wrong. Just tryin to think about it from other angles. I remember the ports in the blast baffle/ first few are intended to help decrease back pressure.  So With that line of thought, the holes matching up with a 4p would just be a nice feature and not neccassarily more beneficial. I really don't know though. What say the baffle scholars?

eta- I just visualized how ports work to decrease back pressure, and now I can understand how the 4p would actually be an aid with the 4 ports matching. I was visualizing it all wrong when I first started this line of thought.
View All Quotes

No expert on baffle design, but it seems to me that as the pressurized gas expands into the pre-blast baffle chamber area, it has five pathways into the baffle stack - through the bore or into one of the four ports on the blast baffle. Without those ports, any gas that didn't follow into the bore would be redirected as back pressure; the ports just allow some of that pressure to be relieved into the baffle stack. If so, it would stand to reason that having the gaps on the 4P aligned to the ports on the blast baffle would just help guide the gas along the path of least resistance (i.e. into one of the four ports).

Not certain that's how it actually works, but that's the way I'm featuring it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:16:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#40]
No expert on baffle design, but it seems to me that as the pressurized gas expands into the pre-blast baffle chamber area, it has five pathways into the baffle stack - through the bore or into one of the four ports on the blast baffle. Without those ports, any gas that didn't follow into the bore would be redirected as back pressure; the ports just allow some of that pressure to be relieved into the baffle stack. If so, it would stand to reason that having the gaps on the 4P aligned to the ports on the blast baffle would just help guide the gas along the path of least resistance (i.e. into one of the four ports).

View All Quotes

Sounds like solid logic to me. 3 prong with RC is = to larger gas port. Eeek!

Thank god DD wisened up on their port sizing. Not that I use DD bbls on clones thus far pre URG-I.....but I am a believer in CHF so that will change once the 10.3 URG-I is released
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
That feeling when you submit a paper form 1 literally the day before E-Form form 1s go back up.... Not sure it's even worth it to withdrawal  and resubmit at this point.....

10.4 is life. #notcerakote #tanodized

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1928/31401210308_c465c78a6d_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1926/31401207458_a1f6e7a32a_c.jpg
View Quote
Just saw this. Bravo!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
Just saw this. Bravo!
View All Quotes
That feeling when you submit a paper form 1 literally the day before E-Form form 1s go back up.... Not sure it's even worth it to withdrawal  and resubmit at this point.....

10.4 is life. #notcerakote #tanodized

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1928/31401210308_c465c78a6d_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1926/31401207458_a1f6e7a32a_c.jpg
Just saw this. Bravo!
Dude I was just wondering where you were yesterday. Am I trippin or have you been gone for like forever?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#43]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

View Quote
I agree. That purple looks good.

And on the topic of half painted or whatever...

I'm balls deep in the idea of painting rifles, but if I'm spending 500+ for DD rail in a specific color, It's not getting colored over lol.
Nor would I paint away my unique purple color.

Ever! Even if there's a fire!
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Just saw this. Bravo!
View Quote
Thanks so much! Means a lot, especially coming from someone else who knows the trials of the tanodization.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#45]
Happy 10/17 y'all!  It's my rails birthday today. And mine incidentally. My wife even baked my ris ii a birthday cake. She said it was for me but her eyes were wandering....
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Ya, In my last edit this morning I came to that thought. I can understand why it AIDS in relieving back pressure, I just wasn't seeing any difference in erosion or life of suppressor/ baffles. I was more looking to see if there was uneven wear somewhere. I can see the distinct difference between the two pics, but that's just carbon build up. I'd just like to see some data on either before I'd say one causes more baffle erosion than the other is all. Not nay saying, just would like to know more.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Dude I was just wondering where you were yesterday. Am I trippin or have you been gone for like forever?
View Quote
Been gone for a hot minute, but I mostly lurk up in here anyway, lol.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#48]

I think you are right about they all look good.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Ivan1:

View Quote
Thank ya. They pop up once in a while but usually go quick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks so much! Means a lot, especially coming from someone else who knows the trials of the tanodization.
View All Quotes
Just saw this. Bravo!
It looks real good man! Congrats! You have any more pics?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

You switched to the 416 gang didn't you? CQBR blood in.....CQBR blood out.  

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1090 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top