Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2005 9:13:18 PM EDT
I had a little time on my hands today, so I decided to finally swap out the RRA "star" selector in my PWA lower for a standard type selector & I noticed something odd about my trigger spring. It looks like this:

I other words, the spring legs are bent at an angle, which results in a stiffer trigger pull (without the hammer installed) over the normal spring with straight legs.

Now I didn't install the FCG on this lower... I sent it to Accuracy Speaks to have one of their single stage triggers installed, but I did send them the spring kit to use with it & they were just standard Bushmaster FCG springs.

I guess I'm asking if you think that they bent the spring legs for a reason, & what is that reason, or do they use springs that are specific to their triggers. and if so, why a heavier spring?

Thanks.

BTW, Yes, I know... the pic shows two springs.    
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the insight Tweak.

The funny thing is, I have another lower with an Accuracy Speaks single stage trigger installed, and on that one they used an unbent, standard trigger spring. That one works just fine (no doubling), so I have to wonder... why the bent spring on one, but not the other???  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#4]
According to the installation instructions, bending the trigger spring legs as shown in the photo increases the trigger pull weight.  Using the stock spring the trigger pull will be about 3-1/2 pounds or so.  If you need a higher pull for competition, or just want it that way, you can increase it by bending the legs as in the photo.  It's a trial and error process - just keep bending and trying until it is the way you want it.

twidget
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
According to the installation instructions, bending the trigger spring legs as shown in the photo increases the trigger pull weight.  Using the stock spring the trigger pull will be about 3-1/2 pounds or so.  If you need a higher pull for competition, or just want it that way, you can increase it by bending the legs as in the photo.  It's a trial and error process - just keep bending and trying until it is the way you want it.

twidget

Thanks twidget. That's the exact info I've been looking for!

BTW, welcome to the forums!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top