Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 4:27:27 AM EDT
Guys, I already have a OLY 9mm. But, I have a DPMS lite 16 I want to get another 9mm OLY upper and run it on the DPMS. Will I have to change the the buffer, recoil spring? Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. BobK
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm running an Oly 9mm upper on a factory assembled DPMS lower half. No problems at all with the stock buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's good news. BobK
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I am running mine on a Bushmaster with no problems.  You shouldnt have to change anything in the lower.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will he have to change the hammer on the DPMS?
View Quote

No.  Colt, RRA, etc. that would be a "yes."  Oly set-up = keep the standard hammer.

[b]BOBK48[/b]:  FWIW, my Oly 9mm upper resided on a DPMS lower until I bought a "MULTI"-caliber-marked Oly lower for it - zero problems with the "hybrid" set-up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Hardshell, thanks. I swapped over the upper to my DPMS lower just to try it out. Haven't fired it this way yet. But it seemmed to function, dry fire ok. So I'll get to the in door range Sat and try it out. Gonna buy another new upper so I'll have 2 9mm guns. BobK
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top