Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 2:20:47 AM EDT
I'm planning to buy OKO sight with steel cover and QD and install it to my M4..When it comes to looks and performance is this a good red dot sight??? If you have this red dot sight on your M4 can you please post a picture.Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33848%3C9923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D3%3A7%3D645%3Dxroqdf%3E2323436429252ot1lsi[/img]

[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33848%3C9923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D3%3A7%3D645%3Dxroqdf%3E2323436445%3B%3A9ot1lsi[/img]

[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33848%3C9923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D3%3A7%3D645%3Dxroqdf%3E2323436429434ot1lsi[/img]

[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33848%3C9923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D3%3A7%3D645%3Dxroqdf%3E2323436445234ot1lsi[/img]

[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33848%3C9923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D3%3A7%3D645%3Dxroqdf%3E2323436445236ot1lsi[/img]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Great weapons red dot. great for the money PLUS......Eotechs are nice also but mine went back because it kept coming loose under full auto fire even with lock tite on it.....so go figure.....

Nothing wrong at all with that red dot......I prefer it because the bat life is high and its not as big as the EO
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://home.mebtel.net/~hicksfam/spacegunoko.jpg[/img]
Not an M4.  No steel cover.  But I posted it anyway 'cuz [b][i]I like it.[/b][/i]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
can these sights co-witness (sort of...)
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny, we haven't received any back from you for repair or replacement.
View Quote

You're right. We didn't send them back. The major problem was that the plastic feet would either break or strip out. We would remedy the problem with either the SC3 and/or SC4 mount, sometimes at a loss, which gives the OKO a metal base.

We did, however, send back several forward rails which broke but to date we still have not recieved the replacement "new and improved, unbreakable" versions. Had to replace all of those, at our cost with GG&G rails, which to date haven't broken.
View Quote

Wtf do the polymer rails Cav sells made by Falcon Industries have to do with the OKO?

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We used to carry them, but we kept getting returns so we now carry EOTech which blows the OKO away.
View Quote

Pole Smoke Armory,

How does the EOTech "blow away" the OKO?  The EOTech is a wonderful sight, however, the OKO is 10 times more the sight the average shooter on this board needs.  No offense to any people here, but we are not talking about jumping out of a plane with our rifles here and everyone takes good care of their weapon it appears.

It seems anyone who owns a gun should have even just a little mechanical inclination.  The OKO feet screws do not strip easily.  As such, if they broke it, they're idiots.  That sounds like an abused sight to me.  Secondly, just go up to the next screw size and tap it accordingly.  You can handle that right?  Its good that you helped out the customer with their problem, but that's your retarded decision and no one else's.

And why oh why would you come onto a thread and start bashing a sight offered by someone who you are a master distributor for?  Oh wait, I know why.  Why dont you tell everyone why youre having a little tissy, hmm?

[img]http://sysapps.nevada.edu/sysappsite.nsf/Images/photoEggLinda/$FILE/cartman_bg.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Just as an after thought.

I never signed a contract for my cell phone service from AT&T.  I know it sounds crazy, almost ludicris, but they cutt off service when I missed a payment.

Wierd, huh?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

OK, Ryan, at some point in their life, everyone needs to have some things explained to them. I'm even willing to set aside the childish namecalling you've instigated here(Pole Smoke Armory? Grow the fuck up) for a chance to explain my reasoning to you calmly and logically.

J.
View Quote

Agreed.

Topquest please keep the thread on topic. Name calling is unnecessary. Its about respect, either treat people with respect or lose mine.

[red]1.) Respect your fellow gun owners by not posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature.[/red]

A note to all others involved in this dispute.

[red]3.) Sharing of differing opinions is encouraged. However, threads that degenerate into pointless arguments, personal attacks or threats against anyone will be locked and further action may be taken. If you have a problem with someone, then take it offline with them. Attacking a person, in a non-joking manner will not be tolerated (If you are “joking”, make sure that point is VERY clear).[/red]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I
B
T
L

Ha! I've always wanted to do that!

D.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Juggernaut, futile attempt....give it up, you have been owned...best to try and save face and let this thread die....
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I had thought about ordering a couple of items from Coal Creek...

Jeeze am I glad, I did'nt now.  

After reading this thread, I can tell you right up front, that it would be a rainy day in hell before I ever ordered anything from Coal Creek.

After this little exchange Coal Creek looks worse than Castle Arms and R-Guns put together.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#23]
it seems like both parties acted equally immature
the Oko is a good site, prob. good bang for your buck, but i don't think you can compare it to the EOTech
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Our primary customer base has shifted from civilian consumer to Govt. Establishments and police.
View Quote

I think it just shifted even more, with the following statement:

The OKO is probably the ideal red dot sight for kids in BDU's shooting paper and steel
View Quote

Anyway, I had an OKO for a short time. I won't hesitate to get another, but I WILL have to get one of the shields when I do. It was a very lightweight sight, which might actually add to the appeal, but I wouldn't go and drag my AR behind my truck without having the shield protecting it. ;)
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Our primary customer base has shifted from civilian consumer to Govt. Establishments and police [...] The OKO is probably the ideal red dot sight for kids in BDU's shooting paper and steel
View Quote

Well, there ya have it folks. Imagine a company coming out and tellin' ya [b]EXACTLY[/b] how they feel.

Or maybe they just got a new line of credit...
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Or maybe they just got a new line of credit...
View Quote

How about all those pre-orders for the SEBR....there's an interest free loan if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:17:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I haven't dealt with the company, so I'm not going to say they are a bad company or are committing any type of fraud. Let's not turn this into a bashing thread and try to stay on topic. They should however note that what they say on this board is seen by potential customers (kids in BDU's AND professionals, and other) and should probably be thought out a little better, and emotions kept under control. Most of us say things at times, that later we feel we should not have said. The people involved and some not involved in this can learn from it.

Back to the OKO's...  I like the way a Trijicon Reflex is built a little better personally, but I do like the variable intensity of the dot on an OKO. Like I said, I'll probably get another, but I WILL get the "shield" for it, as I don't really trust the plastic OKO to withstand my harsh treatment of my rifles. :)
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Goddamn regular Todd Bailey struttin' around here.

All these pre-orders with "I cant believe how many have been ordered already, golly!"

Bashing the holy hell out of former business associates with petty personal attacks.  Is that really you posting Jugger?

So who are your military clients?  Are they the imaginary "over seas" clients ala Special Weapons or the local ROTC wanting to dress up their drill rifles?

Now my dad is an O6 in the Navy, he used to be Skipper of VP65 and fly P3 Orion subhunter/killers.  He had a chance to fire an SW5 post sample.  He remarked that it was the coolest thing he'd ever shot.  Now my dad likes guns, but he doesnt know a whole lot about them so I'll forgive him.  But then again, he is in military (inactive reserve now), so he must know what he's talking about.

So what's out there in TN?  Arnold AFB, Ft Campbell, and then you got TN Nat'l Guard.  So you've got AF out there, probably no PJs.  Then theres 101 Airborne, Ill bet they coud kick my ass, but I doubt there allowed to modify their rifle with non issue equipment.  Now God Bless those Nat'l Guard (I'm too much of a pussy to join any branch of the military)  these guys are the most likely out of the above group to modify their personal weapons, however, I just really doubt that they came to you.  

Any kind of real high speed operators have a unit credit card setup.  If they need something, they order it from places theyre already set up with or they say "hey!, we're special forces, send us free shit...  now!".  Anyone else buying probably would not be authorized to put it on their weapon.  I know who the Cavalry Arms military distributor in TN is, its STEC by fort Cambpell owned by Ed Lowry who does actually sell to 5th Special Forces,  who do you sell to again?

How bout those 9mm USPs?  They recoil like a friggen 50AE Desert Eagle.  At least in small girlish hands they do.  Speaking of small girlish hands, I've seen them shoot and control thier weapon waaaaaaaay better than some of the posters on this thread.  When you actually train with the equipment you use on a fairly regular, consistent basis, you tend to be much more competent with it.

Russell is a friend of mine, you can find our occasional thread where we're bitching back and forth about something, but I'll attest to the fact that he actually uses his gear at matches because it is somewhat beneficial.  He's under the impression that it is good product testing, and constantly strives to improve his skill at arms, maybe he's right.  I dunno what you do with yours other than pose in those scary photographs with a super serious expression on your face.  Check the galleries on CavalryArms.com and you will see the Cavalry Arms Staff actually uses what they make and sell.

Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought Ft. Campbell was in Kentucky?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#32]
The "real" Fort Campbell is.[;)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#33]
[red]Since this thread has wandered off topic, I am going to lock it. If any one feels that I have locked it in error, please IM me with your reason and I will review it. I apologise to the original poster of this thread. Please feel free to post an identical thread and we will see if we can get some on-topic responces.[/red]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top