Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 6:43:07 AM EDT
I know this has been more than likely asked but I couldn't find anything in a search?  So here it goes.

Now that the ban is gone what can and can't you do with  post-ban AR15's?  I mean are you allowed to change out fixed tele-stocks to non-fixed telescoping stocks or not?  Are you allowed to switch uppers to pre-ban uppers?

I don't wanna do anything that is not allowed, that is why I am asking.

Thanks alot!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You can add any type collapsable stock you want to.

You can have your barrel threaded and install some type of flash hider.

You can go through all the BS of installing a bayonet lug on your FSB, however you choose to do it.

It would seem obvious to the casual observer that I think that going through all the trouble of installing the lug is silly, don't you think.

The first two actually enhance the operation of the rifle to a certain degree, the third.......................well, you make the call.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Bayo lugs are not particularly useful EXCEPT we CAN HAVE THEM and it scares the left wing nut jobs.  That's enough reason for me....
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What you CAN'T do:

1. Install a barrel that is overall less than 16"

2. Convert the lower to full auto.

You'd be AMAZED at the number of people that think you can now do both.....mainly because the mass media had everybody believing that "assault rifles" were full auto......

AoD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top