Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 9:17:49 PM EDT
Just built up a new Noveske "H" series lower today.
First thing I noticed when I got it was that the finish was too perfect looking.
The finish was very smooth and had a satin look to it.
When compared to my other lowers the Noveske finish looks different.
Prior to the build i thought to myself that it looked pretty damn nice, almost too nice of a finish.
During the build I found that the finish around the pin holes and bolt catch hole and trigger guard holes chipped easily.
Whatever this finish is, its not the standard hard coat anodized milspec finish that most lowers have.
I have to say that I dont like it! Something is not quite right.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a second?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you really just start a thread complaining that your lower looks too good?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Seriously, are you a woman trolling for compliments?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
During the build I found that the finish around the pin holes and bolt catch hole and trigger guard holes chipped easily.
Whatever this finish is, its not the standard hard coat anodized milspec finish that most lowers have.

R.I.F.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not you dude...the OP  
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the trigger pin hole chip a little finish while punching out the pin one day. Not a big deal
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had the trigger pin hole chip a little finish while punching out the pin one day. Not a big deal

Me too.  Kind of surprised me though since I wasn't exactly handling it carelessly.  For what it's worth... I don't think any AR lower finish is bombproof.  This is common.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just built up a new Noveske "H" series lower today.
First thing I noticed when I got it was that the finish was too perfect looking.
The finish was very smooth and had a satin look to it.
When compared to my other lowers the Noveske finish looks different.
Prior to the build i thought to myself that it looked pretty damn nice, almost too nice of a finish.

???

Neither are all lowers finished the same nor will the finishes come out of their anodization baths looking the same. It's not uncommon to have some chipping of the anodization when installing pins into the lower expecially when installing items that have sharp edges at right angles. Think about it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys are missing the point.
I am finding that the finish chips WAY TOO EASY!
I Have many and have done many lowers.
The Noveske looks different and I was trying to find out if the "looks different" AND "chips too easily" are related.
This is not a factory second as far as I know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Post a pic so we all can see how it looks different.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Pix or it didnt happen!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#13]
this company does stand behind their stuff and all you had/have to do is call and they will make it good. they offered me a new one, hell they give them away all the time. i cant see a difference in this compared to several lowers, but none of the finishes are an exact match. maybe the finish seems brittle , but this thing is tight and i could not give up the fit. maybe i should have used more and better lube. i built my own E and have no chipping. pic of my H. had to beat the crap out of the bolt catch pin. cmt parts kit.
not a safe queen or range gun, so it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Seriously

John Noveske makes and sells good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Call Noveske.

Noveske's customer service is only rivaled by LaRue's in my experience.  I had a LaRue upper that would not fit on a bare Noveske lower that I had purchased from Rainier Arms.  I called Noveske and asked what they suggested and they had me ship both receivers in and they would hand fit a new lower to fit the LT upper.  Blew me away.  They even paid for shipping both way to solve a problem that was not of their own making.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Person A has issue with product from Manufacturer B.  Person A come to forum X to ask about it.  Forum X has no way of resolving issue.  Person A should contact Manufacture B to get definitive answer and resolution to problem,.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Alumiblack is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Alumiblack is your friend.

Camo Krylon tan, brown, and OD are your friends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top