Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2014 12:32:56 PM EDT
Really trying to decide between these two handguards.  Going on a SPR build with a 18" barrel which will eventually be sporting a SilencerCo Saker once my paperwork clears.  I know that the Gieselle MK1 is heavier but boy does it look good, rifle will also be wearing a Atlas BT10 bipod so I'm not sure if it can be mounted to a keymod rail like the NSR or does the NSR allow mounting a rail at the 6 o'clock position?
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, accessory rails can be mounted at 6:00 but I would opt for SLR Rifleworks Solo handguards instead...
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Noveske has keymod rail sections that fit a bipod on the NSR.  Slip the rail section in place and tighten two screws.  That's it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Plug for urx4 :-)
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Put the Mk2 on a rifle, took it off, and put on an NSR. Geissele rail was too fat IMO. It was like a quad rail without the rails. NSR is skinny. I can wrap my whole hand around it and then some. I put the 15" NSR on an 18" SPR build and I love it. I have a Harris Bi-pod on mine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put the Mk2 on a rifle, took it off, and put on an NSR. Geissele rail was too fat IMO. It was like a quad rail without the rails. NSR is skinny. I can wrap my whole hand around it and then some. I put the 15" NSR on an 18" SPR build and I love it. I have a Harris Bi-pod on mine.
View Quote

I've held and fondled both.  Both are works of art IMHO, but there's only 1 that'd want on a rifle I'll be running through a class, and that's the NSR.  Geissele feel like it's built like a tank, but that's why I don't like.  NSR wins on weight and ergos.

I'd rather have the Bravo KMR13, though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ended up ordering the Gieselle, this will be more of a DMR bench gun etc, might look at the NSR for my SBR build provided the ID is large enough to fit my silencerco saker inside it...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top