Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 8:48:44 AM EDT
After reading the sunday paper, the obvious results upset me further. every presidential candidate, including bush, supports the renewal of the AWB. not one of them is man, or woman, enough to stand up and look at the AWB for what it's worth. nothing.

i need to find a place where i can live in a politcal vacuum. it's rediculous to see politcians taking an uneducated stance on something. all that education they receive and they can't use it for any benefit.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It would political suicide to stand up against repealing the AWB. Just WAAAYYY to many sheeple to change things.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Bush's strategy concerning the AWB has been discussed to death, in short, he knows the republican held congress will never let a new ban pass, so he can 'publicly' support the ban
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bush's strategy concerning the AWB has been discussed to death, in short, he knows the republican held congress will never let a new ban pass, so he can 'publicly' support the ban
View Quote

i have read that before, but that seems to be a short term solution. i think we'll know more about the long term after the elections next year.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

i have read that before, but that seems to be a short term solution. i think we'll know more about the long term after the elections next year.
View Quote

I agree with you there, but even if it is a short term solution, it still buys us more time

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m with you man. Following the news, and the opinions of people I come in contact with, it almost makes me feel like a fanatic when I get so passionate about our 2nd amendment rights (almost, but not quite :) ), and they don’t seem to see the importance.

Could we gun owners please be spared from this political insanity? A great majority of us are good people! We SHOULD be well armed! Good for you, good for me, good for everyone!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]
at this point i'm just disappointed that well educated men and women can't read the AWB and determine that it is a BS law. i expect a single mother in america to not know exactly what the law means, but someone who acts as a representitive of the people. it's embarrassing. no wonder the europeans make fun of america. even our politicians are uneducated.

disclaimer: no offense to single moms. you already have too much to deal with and don't need to read all the laws pertaining to us.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i expect a single mother in america to not know exactly what the law means...
View Quote

Unfortunately the politicians do not want a single mother OR anybody else for that fact to know the law.  If we don't know the laws and don't do own research then they can spew all the shit they want and steer us in their direction and we wouldn't be the wiser.  They want us to think they are doing us great favors while they are blindly stripping our Constitutional rights away.  Basically they want the American people to dumbed down as much as possible, the dumber we are the easier we are to control.

They are all scumbags in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, if the antis are sure that there is Presidential support, they will pass a new one. End of story.

UNLESS, you publicly, on TV, demonstrate to the public that the AWB was a bullshit legislation based on a few folk's personal beliefs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Bush is not what any of us realy wanted any way ,but he's a damn sight better than Gore the bore .It seems that we are doomed to the lesser of 2 evils .what is a 1000 dead polititions at the bottom of the sea ? [A GOOD START]. remember most of them started out as lawers .
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Please remember how the AWB was put in place - as part of the supplimental spending bill of 94.  Some didn't even know it was there.  That's what we have to fight.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...It seems that we are doomed to the lesser of 2 evils ...
View Quote

Unfortunately, that is ALWAYS going to be the story.  For 75% or more of us on this board, anybody conservative enough to please us would be utterly unelectable by the general population.

[b]GDI,[/b] why should elected officials' opinions be informed?  The opinions of the masses who elect them certainly aren't.  Reality doesn't matter anymore - PR, spin, and public perception dictate who leads us.  Sad, but true...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#12]
It took a sunset rule to get enough votes to pass the damn thing anyways.

With firearms being a dead end cause it will sunset, it has too.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Vote for Jesus Christ 2004 as 2004 write in canidate.  He wants us to be armed just as well as anyone in Caezer's swat team.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:07:32 AM EDT
[#14]
More Bush.  More Bush.  More Bush.
No Bush Is ok too .  But Bush keeps you from having to look for floss afterwords !
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

[b]GDI,[/b] why should elected officials' opinions be informed?  The opinions of the masses who elect them certainly aren't.  Reality doesn't matter anymore - PR, spin, and public perception dictate who leads us.  Sad, but true...
View Quote

i agree that the geneal public is full of ignorance, but i expect less ignorance from senators and congressman.

not the first time something hasn't met my expectations.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#16]
The ban sunsetting in 2004 is terrible.  If it were sunsetting in any other year, I would estimate that the chances of a sunset would be greater.  Election-year politics is going to mean that the so-called ban gets extended.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#17]
exactly....September 2004 is WWAAAAYYYY too close to election time.

Bush has already pissed off the democrats enough. There is no way he's going to take the chance of doing it again so close to election time.

Truth is, there really are no parties to choose from. Both republicans and democrats will do and say whatever is nessessary to get elected.
Don't believe me? Try asking a successfull politician on their opinion on any high-profile issue. You'll get a whole lot of beating around the bush, but never a straight forward answer.

[b]Translated from Latin:[/b]

[b]Poli[/b] - Many
[b]Tics[/b] - Bloodsucking creatures
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top