Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:10:46 PM EDT
How do you do the reciever in one color then the engraving/lettering in another color?  Looked at the crayola and other smear in options and don't want to do it that way.  Seems I would have to paint in by hand and then re-cure.  I don't think my hand is that steady.

tnanx
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
what color does norells offer that would stand out against each other?

most to all of the colors are dark colors and would be barely noticeable against each other especially for just the lettering. coat with norells and uses paint pens to fill in the letters.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:32:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Pour it in and wipe it off, then recure

maybe pour is'nt the word, but if you can fill the lettering much like they do with the t numbering on the rail then go over it wiping all the excess you might be fine, the stuff comes off very easily with acetone before it is heated

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used Testor's model paint to fill in the letters and such.  Just fill them in after the refinish, let the testors dry and then gently run over the area with a soft cloth with some WD-40 on it.  This will remove the excess testors and leave the Norrell's unscathed.  

Go for it, it looks awesome!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Spray it with your primary color, then cure it.  Use whatever makes you happy to fill with your highlight colors, if you don't like the way it looks, you can use acetone or other solvents to take it off and the cured Norrells will not be affected.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
thanx

flat black lettering should stand out against the flat tan
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top