Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 4:55:31 PM EST
With the sunset coming soon, I have to start thinking hard. There's a gunshow 10.09/10.10 and I'm going shopping.

I'll probably pick up a CZ pistol (9mm) as you just can't have too many handguns, but I'm definitely picking up an AR.

At first, I thought I would just build one up, but then I got to thinking about it and decided to simply buy a flat-top, fixed-stock model and get used to the platform. Once familiar with the weapon system, I'll replace the fixed stock with a Magpul 93A and put on some kind of railed forend. I will need optics (eotech hws) as my eyes aren't that great and getting no better.

Considering that my birthday is in October, I think this is the perfect time to treat myself to something nice.

Anything I should definitely steer towards or away from?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:14:15 PM EST
stay away from Hesse/Vulcan, cast lowers, cheap imitations (airsoft wannabes, chinese crap)

have fun ;)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:05:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By five-five-six:
stay away from Hesse/Vulcan, cast lowers, cheap imitations (airsoft wannabes, chinese crap)

have fun ;)

Ditto.

Steer toward: Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA... (in that order).
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:09:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By five-five-six:

have fun ;)

Ditto.

Steer toward: Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA... (in that order).

For lowers, order a RRA or Stag(from same factory as RRA, apparently, and according to many here). It should be less than $100 to order a stripped lower and about $50 for a parts bag. Buy a good set of parts. Don't skimp there. Look in the EE. Or look at EagleFirearms
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:09:45 AM EST
Oh yeah, the AWB sunsets next week.
What are you waiting for?
Top Top