Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 1:15:01 AM EDT
forgive me if this is covered somewhere else but I've searched and not come up with an answer yet.

I'm in the process of my first full build and am in search of a lpk that's not going to break my wallet, but also doesn't come with more parts than I need or want.
I've looked at the "cool guy" lpk and it's not exactly budget friendly nor does it come with what I want either.
I've got a timney trigger on the way, along with an ambi selector.  What would you guys recommend?

Also would like to find a kit to replace the springs I've shot across the room on my other "completed" rifle that I've pulled parts from while i wait for others to be delivered.

Any light you guys could shed on this would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Build-your-own-LPK

lower-receivers-lower-parts springs and detents ship free from here. but you have to call them to make the order. because, the website mistakenly charges shipping on a couple of the items that it shouldn't. I emailed them and they said "We have just launched our new website and still working out some minor glitches. Please call me at 702-802-3588 and I will process the order for spring and detent with free shipping."

Small part kit if you would rather go this route.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
This ^^^^^^^^^ build what you want
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I've done the Red Barn build your own option....great way to get what you want and I was very happy with it.

On the other hand, grabbing a spikes or PSA standard LPK and upgrading things like trigger or trigger guard leaves you with some spare parts, which is nice.  I bought a couple extra PSA LPK's when they were on sale just to have spares.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Build-your-own-LPK
View Quote

Wish i would have known about that one the other day. I just dropped 200 at AIM Surplus on their BCG-X, LPK, and Buffer assembly
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top