Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2002 5:43:40 AM EDT
I'm wanting to build an AR but I don't want the full fence around my mag release and I don't want a forward assist or case deflector on my upper but I do want the port cover and flat top. Anyone know of a high end manufacturer like(Colt,Armalite/Eagle,Bushmaster,DPMS etc.) who makes this style of upper and lower? Also this may be asking alot but if there is a lower out there with a dam around the front of the mag release as opposed to that hideous bead that most have I'd go for that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Uber,

The UASF M16 upper had no FA or deflector, but it has the A1 sight handle (I have several). I've never seen a 'slick side' upper in the flat top configuration.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not an expert on the AR 15, just a newbee wanna be. I just recently had my local smith order me a flat top. I am wanting to try it with a scope. he received the wrong one from Brownells I think? It was a flat top with no foward assist & cover. I think Brownells calls it a LO PRO slick side. The smith said it is a stronger unit and have heard that to be true. It does look like something is missing.
But you can get them?
SAJ
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]
That would be a DPMS unit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been doing some research over the past 24 hours and found that both DPMS, Les Baer Custom and probably others offer some form of flat top slick side uppers (no assist, no deflector, port cover). I have yet to find a post ban (current production no fence lower).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top