Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:54:48 PM EDT
I bought a Nitecore EX10 awhile back with the idea of mounting it on a lightweight AR.  It looks like a well made little light and is plenty bright for its size.

The problem - while working out how I wanted to mount it to an MOE handguard, I left it in my safe with a fresh CR123 battery.  Fast forward a few months (project forgotten while working on other things), and its now dead as a doornail.  

Does anyone else have experience with these lights?  Is this normal?  I have several other CR123 powered LED lights, and have never seen one kill a battery while in storage.  I was hoping to use this light on a "go-to" home defense AR, but if this is normal in other users' experience, obviously that's not going to work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have experience with the nitcore.  I would suggest asking this over on candlepowerforums.  Everything you could ever want to know about flashlights is on there somewhere.  If you decide to replace the nitecore I would look at the m30 from o-light.  4-sevens has them and they are good to deal with.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It is the nature of the beast if the piston is making contact with the battery, even if the light is off.

You get about 75 minutes on full power, before the output goes down.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top