Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 12:40:59 PM EDT
Give me some imput about using a 8x32x56 NXS Night Force scope on a Bushmaster Varminter for long range shootin. Thamks Sniper2003
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Give me some imput about using a 8x32x56 NXS Night Force scope on a Bushmaster Varminter for long range shootin. Thamks Sniper2003

Sure... you're going to have some crazy mirage with that high of magnification.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure... you're going to have some crazy mirage with that high of magnification.

+1

Stick to 15x or less

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think think it is one of the  best long range scopes out there!  I have used one on my custom varmint upper for 1 1/2 years and I love it . The mirage issue is moot point as I far as am concerned, it is no more than the 24x b&l on my 22-250. The only problem for you is which reticle do you  want to use!!
(I got the NP-R2)

20Tact, great for yote's and ground squirrels to 400yds+
Stuart
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I dont know about the optic your looking at, but I have heard a lot of great things about NXS optics....I'm in the process of finding the best deal on the NXS 2.5-10x24mm havent decided on a Recticle yet.  Both MSTN and CS Gunworks pricing is very close to each other, but I'm waiting on a qoute from a dealer in CA.  

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
NXS = heavy but good; real good.

And, the NP-R2 reticle is definitely the way to go.

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top