Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 9:05:16 AM EDT
Considering my first build and have looked into J&T & Model 1 kits. However, I haven't seen them mention any barrels being chrome lined, just the reference to chrome-moly steel.  Does anyone know if a kit company offers chrome lined bores?

Thx
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
you can buy stripped or complete barrel units from Bushmaster or Armalite that are chrome-lined. Colt also sells them, but Colt's are usually quite pricey unless you can find a new surplus barrel. I don't think Model1 sells chrome-lined bores. A complete bushmaster chrome lined barrel for instance(including handguards,front sight, etc) will run you about $185 to $200. I don't know if RRA or DPMS sells chromlined barrels, I know Olympic doesn't.

Chrome-moly steel barrels are not chrome lined, but these are fine except the chrome makes the bore more resistant to corrosion.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
J&T offers certain upper configurations with the chrome lined barrel.  I can't remember exactly which configuration it is, but I'm wanting to say that they offer the M4 set-up with a chrome lined barrel.  Post your question on the Industry Board and Jesse should get back to you soon.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top