Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2005 9:30:42 PM EDT
So I can order a "rifle kit" from say  Del-Ton Inc and they'll deliver it right to my door w/out  going through an FFL dealer?  Then  all I would need  to complete the gun is a lower reciever and that would have to  be purchased through an FFL dealer?

I reside in California so are there any other restrictions that I am not aware of?

Thanks for your help!
Pete
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You are in CA, and you are restricted from such purchases.  I'm sorry you live where you do...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
You can order the kit, but you are banned from purchasing the receiver.  My advice is to move to a free state...or buy an airsoft replica.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy california lower receivers that either are single shot or use a stripper clip mechanism.  You can find them here
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot for the replies...  I had a sneaky suspicion that CA was stricter.

SayUncle: thanks for the tip on the CA legal recievers.  Single shot or stripper clips is not what I had in mind, however, if it makes it legal, I'll have to consider it.  Pete
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Problem with a Cali lower is that they are more than a standard lower, and they are single shot. DPMS forged lower: ~$100.00
DPMS forged Cali lower ~$140.00
I'd move or just get different rifle man.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Can use use a rifle like an M1 there?  No flies on that if he can...

Can't remember if it's semi-auto, military-issue-design, pistol-grip or box magazine that's the CA-Killer.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top