Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/15/2005 8:30:42 PM EST
So I can order a "rifle kit" from say Del-Ton Inc and they'll deliver it right to my door w/out going through an FFL dealer? Then all I would need to complete the gun is a lower reciever and that would have to be purchased through an FFL dealer?

I reside in California so are there any other restrictions that I am not aware of?

Thanks for your help!
Pete
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:57:40 PM EST
You are in CA, and you are restricted from such purchases. I'm sorry you live where you do...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:30:11 PM EST
You can order the kit, but you are banned from purchasing the receiver. My advice is to move to a free state...or buy an airsoft replica.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:09:31 AM EST
You can buy california lower receivers that either are single shot or use a stripper clip mechanism. You can find them here
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:40:02 AM EST
Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot for the replies... I had a sneaky suspicion that CA was stricter.

SayUncle: thanks for the tip on the CA legal recievers. Single shot or stripper clips is not what I had in mind, however, if it makes it legal, I'll have to consider it. Pete
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:09:03 AM EST
Problem with a Cali lower is that they are more than a standard lower, and they are single shot. DPMS forged lower: ~$100.00
DPMS forged Cali lower ~$140.00
I'd move or just get different rifle man.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:43:47 AM EST
Can use use a rifle like an M1 there? No flies on that if he can...

Can't remember if it's semi-auto, military-issue-design, pistol-grip or box magazine that's the CA-Killer.
Top Top