Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:08:07 PM EDT
 Hello guys, I'm having a really strange problem with my new upper. It shoots 10 inches low at 50 yards, with the front sight post threaded all the the way in!  The upper is a standard Bushy, with an ARMS #40L SP rear sight and a YHM folding front sight.
  It groups nicely once you compensate for the elevation problem. I have compared the sights to another AR of mine and they appear to be the same height. Could I have over torqued the barrel and caused this problem?  Thanks, JT

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought....
Is it appropriate type of front sight:
IE:
Rail mounted
or
GB mounted
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The barrel has nothing to do w/it. You've apparently found a combo that doesn't work. Good job:O) Borrow another rear sight if possible.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a "F" marked A2 type fixed front sight?  Curious because I just ordered a front an upper with a "F" marked front sight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
...after re-reading your post, I changed my mind....

To clarify,

You have a YHM flip mount on the railed gasblock of a factory bushmaster upper?

- AG
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses, just to clarify, this is an upper that I put together. The front sight is the YHM gas block/folding front sight combo. I compared the height of this sight to a standard Bushy front sight and it appears to be about a 1/16" taller (measured from top of barrel to flat surface between ears where post threads into). I have a standard #40 BUIS that I will try next to see if there is a difference. JT
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top