Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:08:07 PM EST
Hello guys, I'm having a really strange problem with my new upper. It shoots 10 inches low at 50 yards, with the front sight post threaded all the the way in! The upper is a standard Bushy, with an ARMS #40L SP rear sight and a YHM folding front sight.
It groups nicely once you compensate for the elevation problem. I have compared the sights to another AR of mine and they appear to be the same height. Could I have over torqued the barrel and caused this problem? Thanks, JT

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:44:38 PM EST
Just a thought....
Is it appropriate type of front sight:
IE:
Rail mounted
or
GB mounted
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:00:31 PM EST
The barrel has nothing to do w/it. You've apparently found a combo that doesn't work. Good job:O) Borrow another rear sight if possible.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:29:06 PM EST
Do you have a "F" marked A2 type fixed front sight? Curious because I just ordered a front an upper with a "F" marked front sight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:50:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 7:53:01 PM EST by Aggie_Gunner]
...after re-reading your post, I changed my mind....

To clarify,

You have a YHM flip mount on the railed gasblock of a factory bushmaster upper?

- AG
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:10:29 PM EST
Thanks for the responses, just to clarify, this is an upper that I put together. The front sight is the YHM gas block/folding front sight combo. I compared the height of this sight to a standard Bushy front sight and it appears to be about a 1/16" taller (measured from top of barrel to flat surface between ears where post threads into). I have a standard #40 BUIS that I will try next to see if there is a difference. JT
Top Top