Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 9:11:56 PM EDT
Sorry i delated my own post

What do you guys think of fulton armory rifles? Quality wise.

Has anyone heard of faux bayonet lugs?  Shaving the locking lugs off either side of the bayonet lug, rendering it useless because the bayo would slide off if slide onto the barrel.
Is this post-ban legal?  Does anyone have a BATF approvel letter they can e-mail, mail me?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory makes the same medicore rifles all the second and third tier manufacturers like Model 1 and ASA make.  Nothing special.  No extra care in assembly.

You either have a bayonet lug or not.  You don't need a BATF letter to say it's not a lug if no known bayonet will lock onto the rifle.  

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Sean2; I just want to say one thing to you.

[b]BUSHMASTER[/b]

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Already have one.  I like it alot, shot DCM with it.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So what your saying is that the bayonet has to lock on or its not a bayonet lug correct.  So if that middle section remains on the rifle its still post ban legal,correct?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sean, once the bayonet lug has been neutered in the way you describe, it isn't a bayonet lug anymore... it's just a piece of metal hanging there...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats what i said!  The guy at Fulton Armory thinks i am trying to violate the AW Ban.  I known its legal, what i need is a BATF letter stating its legal so i can get a rifle built with a faux bayo lug.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:22:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Take your business to someone who knows something.  

These are modular.  If Fulton won't remove the bayonet lug to your specs get your barrel modified someplace else.

You buying a complete rifle from these guys?

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Well i was, but now you got me thinking... I could just buy the upper separate from the lower, and just have the bayo lug modified by someone else, but who?  Bushmaster? you guys think they would understand what i want done?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Dremel tool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Easy enough, but what about the refinishing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top