Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 6:26:24 AM EDT
I am looking to purchase a S&W M&P 15, and I was thinking  the M&P 15 OR  (SKU # 811003).   I do like the flat dark earth color, so I was thinking that maybe I would spend the extra bucks and get the  Model M&P15 MOE Mid MAGPUL® SPEC SERIES™  (SKU: 811054)
 I see that I can order the dark earth color parts that would give me 15 OR the same look as the M&P 15 MOE MAGPUL, and that would save me about 2 hundred bucks, but I am getting more with the (SKU #  811054) than I can see.....
I do appreciate any input, since I have much to learn, this seems to be a great site to learn things, sometimes overwhelming, but I will hang in there......................Mike

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking to purchase a S&W M&P 15, and I was thinking  the M&P 15 OR  (SKU # 811003).   I do like the flat dark earth color, so I was thinking that maybe I would spend the extra bucks and get the  Model M&P15 MOE Mid MAGPUL® SPEC SERIES™  (SKU: 811054)
 I see that I can order the dark earth color parts that would give me 15 OR the same look as the M&P 15 MOE MAGPUL, and that would save me about 2 hundred bucks, but I am getting more with the (SKU #  811054) than I can see.....
I do appreciate any input, since I have much to learn, this seems to be a great site to learn things, sometimes overwhelming, but I will hang in there......................Mike

With the Magpul version, you are getting a midlength setup (vs carbine), MOE handguards (vs M4), vertical grip, MOE stock, Flip up iron sights (vs no sights), the barrel is made of 4150 CMV instead of steel, and a 1 in 8 twist rate vs a 1 in 9.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my S&W very much.

Second from the bottom with my son's 2nd from the top.

Posting merely to say that and to remind you that any color can be yours if you know how to shake a can!  

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Friend of mine has an M&P 15. Accuracy is good and I've never seen it jam or have any other stoppages. Seem like fine guns to me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The extra $200 you are saving on the OR would be spent on sights. The OR has a railed gas block so you would need to get a decent iron sight, not a less expensive and highly popular Magpul MBUS. Also, with the Magpul Edition, you are getting a sweet roll mark on your lower. Get the M&P. You'll be happy you did.

By the way, I have the OR.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the site.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top