Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:18:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 6:24:21 AM EST by Bonesaw]
Hi all, this is my first post, and a I have a few questions because I know very little about AR's. I have the oppertunity to trade my like new sks-m for a colt upper, i've asked around and the people I show the pics to don't really know what it is. Could you guys help me Identify it and tell me whether or not its worth the trade (sks-m is worth around 350)




56K'ers beware
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:23:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 9:24:35 AM EST by Forest]
It would be nice if you could pull the handguards off and let us see the barrel. I suspect it's a 'Govt Profile' A2 type.

Yes it's a nice barrel and upper from one of their commercial guns in the 80's (note the C7 type upper and front pivot uses a screw.

Just to give you an idea. If the barrel is an A2 the barrel alone would be worth $350 if it hasn't been shot alot (they are $395 when new). Colt Bolt Carrier groups are $200 new, another $40 for charging handle, C7 upper is another $195. That is of cours assuming they are all new Colt parts.

Edited to add: Oh yeah I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:56:02 AM EST
awesome! ok then, I sent him a PM and wait to see what he says.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:53:24 AM EST
Also, what kind of Lower would be good for this? I don't have a lot of money now
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:01:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 1:01:44 PM EST by eklikwhoa]
is that a large hole pivot pin?

any lower would work and if it is a large hole pivot pin you will need an adapter as well unless you get a large front hole lower that is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:49:52 PM EST
Ok he accepted the trade. Woot! Anyway, it looks like a large hole to me, then again i'm not a AR guy, yet... Can you tell by looking at the one pic? Where would I go about getting an adapter you mentioned?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:59:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 6:00:50 AM EST by Forest]
You can get the adaptor at most any AR parts place. I know that Bushmaster carriers them. With the adapter you shouldn't need that two headed screw.

A lower with a Cav Arms C1 stock would make a nice Canadian C7 clone or early M16A1E1 copy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:04:05 AM EST
Good job and welcome to the AR-15 club!
Top Top