Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2004 11:22:04 AM EDT
As you guys know, I engrave AR15's and I am always looking for new ideas.
Here's some of my stuff:

thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
gorgeous work. I am contemplating some ideas I might have to run by you for my lower engraving.

~A
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice H&K AR ya got there........

Mike
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Mike,
thanks for the feedback
the pictographs are what I am thinking about doing as a project.
I am checking to see if there is demand for such a beast.

Link Posted: 12/20/2004 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
You could also mark the selector positions with "SAFE, FIRE, FUN" or something along those lines.

Rayn
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
tag

Link Posted: 12/20/2004 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
i might be down for the picto graphs as soon as i get another lower.  how much for the logos on the magwell?
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Standard house logos as shown above are $45
I also have forged DPMS receivers in stock at $145 engraved with
the house logos.
Custom logos, additional lettering etc are a bit more.

Link Posted: 12/20/2004 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey is that a Gorton machine? or a Hermes? Or something else?
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry about that.
Just trying to get feedback on some new possible ideas.
I will avoid quoting out pricing on my existing stuff on the forum boards.
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#11]
You’re able to weld over existing engraving?

Can you please elaborate on this a bit?

Once engraving on an aluminum piece is welded over, can it still be (re)hard-coat anodized?  

It is my understanding that folks can’t modify or obliterate a serial number, but would it be possible to change a Colt lower receiver from a:

COLT
SPORTER
COMPETITION
HBAR
CAL. .223

serial number

To:

PROPERTY
OF US GOVT
M16
CAL.5.56MM

serial number
GUU-5/P

Or to:

PROPERTY
OF US GOVT
M4 CARBINE
CAL. 5.56MM

serial number

Just a few thoughts, I’d like to have an M4 marked carbine, a GUU-5/P and a GAU-5/A/A
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 3:06:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I really like the look of the picto graphs lower. I have thought about my badge and unit number being put on.
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, along the same lines as ch139, I would like to know if you can some how "weld over" the LEO markings on the right side of the mag well and then re-anodize it to appear as if those markings were never there (like a bad dream or something )?
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, along the same lines as ch139, I would like to know if you can some how "weld over" the LEO markings on the right side of the mag well and then re-anodize it to appear as if those markings were never there (like a bad dream or something )?

Why not just trade it for a non LEO marked lower?  There are people that want those you know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I wish I thought of having a basic F and S engraved on the right side of my lower before I refinished it.  I had the lower stripped and all too...  Oh well. next time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the same interests as "ch139" and "cgv69" about welding over some of the unwanted
markings and having the other markings re-arranged with bigger lettering. I have a couple of
Bushmaster projects in mind and possibly a Colt after that. IM sent. Thank you for your time.

John
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not just trade it for a non LEO marked lower?  There are people that want those you know.

Because on the other side of mine it says, "AR15A3 Tactical Carbine"! While there are Colt 6721 lowers out there without the LEO markings, they are far and few between.

I'll probably just leave mine alone but either way, it would be nice to know of a low cost, quality way of getting rid of those annoying LEO markings (if possible)? I just doubt this will be low cost!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#18]
likemopar

Email me at [email protected]. I may have some work for you.

Rats
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You’re able to weld over existing engraving?

Can you please elaborate on this a bit?

Once engraving on an aluminum piece is welded over, can it still be (re)hard-coat anodized?  

It is my understanding that folks can’t modify or obliterate a serial number, but would it be possible to change a Colt lower receiver from a:

COLT
SPORTER
COMPETITION
HBAR
CAL. .223

serial number

To:

PROPERTY
OF US GOVT
M16
CAL.5.56MM

serial number
GUU-5/P

Or to:

PROPERTY
OF US GOVT
M4 CARBINE
CAL. 5.56MM

serial number

Just a few thoughts, I’d like to have an M4 marked carbine, a GUU-5/P and a GAU-5/A/A

I'd think you would have to leave the "Colt" no matter what, since they are the manufacturer.    hmm.     unknown legal question.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Yea butt the manufacturers name is always on the left of the lower any way so it shouldnt matter how thw mag well left side of the lower is marked.So If it was restamped with M4 or Govt like the examples show as long as the serial# is unchanged I dont think it matters because the manufacturer is still on there.Like BFIwindam maine usa,or colt defense hartford CT,
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Danonly is right. I had previously talked to LikeMopar about having some engraving work done on an SR25. Part of what I wanted was for him to go over the current markings on the rifle to "refresh" them....basically to make them stand out a little better and not to actually change anything. LikeMopar replied that the BATF gets funny about doing anything to the required factory markings (Brand,Model,SN and Place of Manufacture) to include just touching them up.

So I don't think its gonna happen.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#22]
What other house logos do you have?

Website?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#23]
can you do the T #s on an upper? $$?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top