Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 4:18:33 PM EDT
Just got this from Bigbore(THANKS!!). Im using it to advertise this new item online and at FT Bragg. I Couldnt belive the look and worksmanship that went into this thing.It looks great!!. Hats off to ADCO and the maker of this fine item.
       FREE

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a shooter! We appreciate the opportunity. Thank you,

Be well!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
How much?

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks cool. Cost ? Outside diameter measurement?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking squared away, FreeFall!

I think after 3 M4s and a 20" it's time to start on an SPR.
What was the price difference between the repro and the original OPs break?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
They are $100 with collar $86.67 without you can get them here:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/gasnuts.cfm?page=gs

As far as the diameter of the brake im not sure you can Im/Email Bigbore he should know or at least find out for you.
        FREE

Quoted:
Looks cool. Cost ? Outside diameter measurement?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the collar for?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

For proper OPS suppressor fitting-plus it looks too damn cool!

Free-Thanks I believe I missed that one on the site, I always drive down to ADCO for all my current and future builds.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The Repro is $100 and the real Ops break is $250 that is if you can find one. Well IMO $250 is a little pricey for a Brake but if you want the cool toys you pay the price, but to each his own. Of course some people think $700 is too much for a preban receiver and some dont. If there was a possibility of getting an Ops suppressor then Ok, $250 wouldnt be to bad for being an functional item. but right now IMO they are just for looks(plus I cant afford $250) and the repro looks pretty damn good, so Im happy[:D]. Now if Ops ever makes a suppresor for the civilian market and I have the money then I will get a real one with the suppressor. But until then I will carry my SPR with my Repro OPS brake with a grin on my face[:D]knowing real or not it looks damn good!!
        FREE

Quoted:
Looking squared away, FreeFall!

I think after 3 M4s and a 20" it's time to start on an SPR.
What was the price difference between the repro and the original OPs break?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks
    FREE

Quoted:
Looks like a shooter! We appreciate the opportunity. Thank you,

Be well!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you saying that the brake does not function as a brake?

Bob

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The original OPS Inc brake was designed for use with the OPS Inc. sound suppressor. The knurled thread protector unscrews from the brake to allow mounting of the suppessor.

This brake is made to look like the original, but does not function like the OPS model (which is currently not available).
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
(which is currently not available)
View Quote

And that is the REAL kicker, not even MSTN has them in stock, even if you could afford one.

Outstanding, Free, looks great and that brake really put's it over the top for that SPR look. I think it makes it look much more evil and serious than the standard flash hider.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Pardon my ignorance, but are these post-ban legal?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pardon my ignorance, but are these post-ban legal?
View Quote

I think not.  The ATFE has not approved them for post-ban use at this time.  It's the only reason I have to mate my own SPR upper to a pre-ban lower.  What a PITA!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Well if the ADCO Ops brake is permanently attached it should be post ban legal right? or would the diameter or the fact that it is threaded onto the barrel keep it from being post ban legal?
   FREE

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the only reason I have to mate my own SPR upper to a pre-ban lower. What a PITA!

View Quote

Wouldnt't the threads on the real brake make it pre-ban only? I dont think flash hider or brake would matter in that instance.
View Quote

Technically, correct. But stupid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#23]
So some silver solder and this thing should be post ban legal? This would be awsome! post ban SPRs with OPS style Breaks.
    FREE

Quoted:

Well if the ADCO Ops brake is permanently attached it should be post ban legal right? or would the diameter or the fact that it is threaded onto the barrel keep it from being post ban legal?
View Quote

The only thing that would keep it from being post ban legal, would be a ruling that it IS a flash hider and not a muzzle brake. The "REAL" Ops brake has external threads, it is pre-ban only no matter what.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I have to say I want one. Pretty good marketing on ADCO's part. Best of luck to ADCO!

Bob

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's the only reason I have to mate my own SPR upper to a pre-ban lower. What a PITA!

View Quote

Wouldnt't the threads on the real brake make it pre-ban only? I dont think flash hider or brake would matter in that instance.
View Quote

True, I only meant to say the use of the brake is the only reason why I had to go pre-ban.  Had I left the barrel bare, or installed a permanent brake, I could have mounted it on a post ban.  If the Ops. Inc. brake were approved, it could be permanently mounted and used on a post-ban.  I wonder if the 4-port Ops. Inc. brakes are approved?  In any case, I assume that if the 2 port was approved, then all one would have to do is use one of the permanent methods of attachment (silver solder, blind pinning & welding, etc) to make it acceptable for post ban use.  Good on ADCO for stepping up to the plate and providing a nice item to fill the void of the lack of supply from Ops. Inc.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top