Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 10:53:51 AM EDT
Hello all,
    I have been a AR  retro building for around 2 years now.  Before that I was on the AK side of the fence mostly Norinco's. I would find the ones that where caught in the BAN and would restore them back to their full evilness using  922r compliant parts. I have owned a couple SP1's back in the early ninety's but never kept them long would sell them to buy AK's. I think the main reason for not keeping them I had a M16 assigned to me at work. Then it all started around 2 years ago when I bought a shorten 20" barreled M16 upper, the upper was a 601. James Arnold got me headed that way, Then came John Thomas, John Brace and Jerrell Sharp to name a few. I have talked to a few more of you on here but mostly through Gun Broker.  I have done a 601, 601 bayonet, GM Hydro, XM177 and a SP1 carbine. I will probably never be able to afford 601 furniture I kinda build things my way but I have fun doing it. Most of my post on this sight is practicing posting photos with that being said I will try to post some latter. I just received my GM retro upper and lower back form JT yesterday he did a outstanding simulated heavy wear on them.

You all take care
Craig

PS I shot my first M16 in basic training Aug  Sept  time frame 1975.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum, try posting in the new Retro builder's meet and greet, post pictures, learn some history about this Sub Secton, etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks will do a little cutting and pasting.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top