Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:11:01 PM EDT
I took my new DPMS 308 18" too the range for the first time today. On top I had mounted a TA11e. I was shooting 168gr SMKs. Unfortunately the adaptor (for rail) for the bipod has not yet arrived so I was shooting sans bipod, I did however have a vertical fore grip. The VFG definitely made it the most "tactical" rifle at the range. I should note I shot skeet afterwards with my Benelli M1 - I was the only individual there with 2 black weapons.

Anyway, I was getting 3" and 4" groups at 100 yards. I realize that that is nothing compared to many of the members here, but this was my first time to ever shooting a rifle bigger than a .223 and I was shooting without a bipod. There were no failure to feeds, or failures to eject. I was using the "new" 20 round steel mags. I did break it in per factory instructions for the first 20 rounds or so, but after that I became frustrated and cleaned only after every 10 rounds. I shot 60 rounds in all.

The rifle itself is a DPMS 308 with an 18" bull barrel, YHM railed hand guards, and the ACE SOCOM (telescoping) stock. I do realize that ACE isn't a favorite here and that Vltor and Magpul are the favorites, however the ACE recoil pad is really a nice feature on a .308 that is overall a light weapon.

I was really thrilled with the rifle and would recommend it to anyone interested in something with a pit more punch than your typical AR15.
Top Top