Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:11:01 PM EDT
I took my new DPMS 308 18" too the range for the first time today.  On top I had mounted a TA11e.  I was shooting 168gr SMKs.  Unfortunately the adaptor (for rail) for the bipod has not yet arrived so I was shooting sans bipod, I did however have a vertical fore grip.  The VFG definitely made it the most "tactical" rifle at the range.  I should note I shot skeet afterwards with my Benelli M1 - I was the only individual there with 2 black weapons.  

Anyway, I was getting 3" and 4" groups at 100 yards.  I realize that that is nothing compared to many of the members here, but this was my first time to ever shooting a rifle bigger than a .223 and I was shooting without a bipod.  There were no failure to feeds, or failures to eject.  I was using the "new" 20 round steel mags.  I did break it in per factory instructions for the first 20 rounds or so, but after that I became frustrated and cleaned only after every 10 rounds.  I shot 60 rounds in all.

The rifle itself is a DPMS 308 with an 18" bull barrel, YHM railed hand guards, and the ACE SOCOM (telescoping) stock.  I do realize that ACE isn't a favorite here and that Vltor and Magpul are the favorites, however the ACE recoil pad is really a nice feature on a .308 that is overall a light weapon.  

I was really thrilled with the rifle and would recommend it to anyone interested in something with a pit more punch than your typical AR15.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top