Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/28/2005 7:25:19 PM EDT
My new Ciener .22 conversion is hanging up inside my LMT M4gery. I remove the 5.56 bolt, insert the Ciener, close the upper/lower (which is really tight, and tighter than normal to close). Then when I try to pull back on the charging handle, the bolt on the Ciener gets stuck in the rearward position. I have to seperate the upper and lower again to get the bolt to go forward. I believe the unit is hanging up on the bolt stop in the lower. Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Hansford
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:47:47 AM EDT
Mine did the same when my selector is in the full auto position. Switching to semi solved the problem. Oddly enough, I haven't tried disassembly/reassembly when in safe position.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
I did read somewhere on the internet that the Ciener units were having problems with Armalite charging handles and the fix was to install a GI one. I can't say for sure who made mine as I ordered it at the same time I did my bolt carrier and bolt from BravoCompanyUSA. Anyway, thanks for the response anotherjay.

H
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:17:49 PM EDT
Anyone? Buehler...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:06:45 AM EDT
If it's a Full Auto set up, the anti bounce weight could be hanging up in the forward assist hole. You may have to round it off on the edges a bit.

My first guess is the charging handle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 6:23:45 AM EDT by hansford]
Thanks for the reply. It is a semi-auto. Last night, I removed the charging handle, slid the conversion into place and experienced the same problem as before: upper/lower tight to close and the bolt hung on the bolt stop and/or hammer. (I used a rag wrapped screwdriver on the bolt face to pull the bolt to the rear. The lower parts are RRA inside an LMT lower. It functions excellently with 5.56, so I am at a loss to explain why this is happening.
Top Top