Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:34:33 AM EDT
I just got a new scope, via a trade that seems pretty good.  It looks just like a Leupold 3.5x10x40, it has a 30mm Tube with Side Focus.  The Reticle is Duplex, and it came with a 4" SunShade.  On the Objective Bell where Leupold would put their Gold Ring and Markings, it has a Silver Ring and it states "3.5X10 Long Range".  It appears to be well made and the Glass is "Very Clear".  There is No Name Branding on this scope.
From looking at the paper that was in the box, this company makes alot of scopes and most of them look like they have 30mm Tubes with Side Focus, and Mil-Dot Reticles
A frien of mine is going out tomorrow to shoot his M1A and AR10, between him & his brother they will probably go thru about 1500 rounds.  I'm going to ask them to use my New Scope.

Chief
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
probably a knock-off? most to all name brand scopes i have handled or seen have names on them.

post pictures
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
My friend and his brother, Myself & couple of our friends went thru around 2.5k 7.62 and another 2k 5.56 and this scope worked fine on the 5 different rifles it was tested on.  For a "Clone" to take that beating, especially on the AR10, I was impressed.  I never tried bumping an AR10 before, it was a blast, very easy to go thru an entire mag on one try.  As I said, for it being a "Clone", I was impressed. and I have no problems putting it on using rifle., maybe thats the only way to really tell if it will holdup in the long run.
I don't have the 1k in cash to put down on a scope, or even a rifle.  If I did my rifles might be sporting all Leupolds.

Chief  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top