Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 4:24:19 PM EDT
I bought some 20 round replacement springs from Georgia Precision.  Here are two pics.  The first is of my original 20 rnd spring, the new 20 rnd spring, and a 30 rnd spring.  The second pic is how I installed the follower onto the spring.

I loaded the mags up after replacing the springs and they only hold 18 rnds.  I used a LULA loader as well as manually and tried pretty hard... 18 is it!

Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?  Tommy @ Georgia Precision says he uses these in his 20s.

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Trim the leg on the black follower, or use your alloy one.

Thanks,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree.  20 rounders don't have those long legs on the followers.  Why not just use the alloy one?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh!  Thanks guys.  I just was using the black ones since they are what came with the springs.  The alloy ones are kind of beat up but I will use those instead of the black.

Thanks for the help  :)
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought you were only supposed to load 18 rnds in a 20 anyways...[:O)]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top