Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:16:46 AM EDT
Yes, I am fully prepared to be flamed for this, but I have never dissassembled my bolt ( I do dissassmble the carrier assmbly for cleaning).

Anyway, I was planning on installing the D-fender D ring that came with my MGI buffer, and was hoping for some advice, pointers, tips on this.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
NO reason you should be flamed for a legitimate question. Despite the attitude copping of the occasional low-rent Rambo, most of us are supportive of anyone asking any question. EVERYONE was green once. EVERYONE. And if you did not or forgot to run a search for this topic I can state without reservation the world will not end. And if someone finds your question offensive in your vast ignorance they need only skip this thread and discuss their CQB preferences for combat situations they are likely to encounter in Ohio. Everyone is ignorant, the difference being subject matter.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
1. Remove the extractor from the bolt by pushing its retaining pin out and lifting off the extractor.

2. Slip the D-Fender over the extractor spring.

3. Install extractor on bolt and pin into place.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#4]
j3 is correct in providing the manual.

it is easy to do. to summarize:

remove the carrier assembly from the weapon

remove the cotter pin holding the firing pin.

remove firing pin

remove cam

remove bolt from carrier

remove pin holing extractor

this reveals the spring that the D-Fender supports

install D-fender

reverse steps above

lube as recommended

edit: glad this wasn't a duel. I'd be dead by now!!    you guys are good ....  and quick!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
What are the problems you're trying to cure with the BUFFER and D-Thing?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Buffer to slow down my 850-900rpm M16, to make a little more controllable and a little less ammo guzzling.  The D ring comes with the buffer , I assume to fine tune the set up.  I currently have no extraction issues.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Buffer to slow down my 850-900rpm M16, to make a little more controllable and a little less ammo guzzling.  The D ring comes with the buffer , I assume to fine tune the set up.  I currently have no extraction issues.

Might as well install it, as it's a freebie. I got the D-Fender with my MGI buffer, and am using it in conjunction with the Wolff extra-power extractor spring that I already had installed.

My rifle is an M16 as well. You'll really like the new buffer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top