Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 9:40:04 PM EDT
So I'm going to get a 10mm upper and a dedicated lower.

Is there any way I will be able to use something other than the UZI mags? Like some mags that are plentiful and cheap?

Also is there a way to make it so you dont have to have a brick attached to your mags, but instead modify the AR lower permanately somehow?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Cav-Arms plastic lower and M3 mags (that give you approx 35-37 rounds), or wait till the Cav-Arms aluminum lower comes out that will accept M3 mags.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cav-Arms plastic lower and M3 mags (that give you approx 35-37 rounds), or wait till the Cav-Arms aluminum lower comes out that will accept M3 mags.

Any more info on this aluminum lower? Do the mags need to be modified?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Just contact Cav-Arms... I think the Mag will require a cut so the AR style mag catch will retain the mag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
No need to cut a notch.  The Hahn mag block utilizes an "M14-style" release that works with an unmodified M3 mag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No need to cut a notch.  The Hahn mag block utilizes an "M14-style" release that works with an unmodified M3 mag.

OK, that'll work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Can you provide some more info on this? Google wasnt much help.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#7]
ComputerGuy, I just put a Cav Arms Mark II lower under a 10mm Olympic Arms upper. I was at the range yesterday and it ran without a hiccup. I used a bunch of 175 grain lswc hand loads that I had. I use the Hahn mag block, the heavy buffer and gently adjusted the mag lips of the grease gun mags with a brass hammer, just until the 10mm round would not pop up out of the feed lips. I wasn't sure how I would like the Cav Arms lower but I am really liking it, I don't see any need for an aluminum lower unless you want to attach a different stock. I can get 36 rounds of 10mm in the grease gun mag and it doesn't have to be modified with the Hahn block. My email is [email protected] if you have any questions. I have been to the WAC show and found grease gun mags for $5.00 and $10.00 each. David
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can I get a Hahn mag block??
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Order through Brownell's. David
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top