Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 12:55:01 PM EDT
Looking at putting some new handguards on my Bushy and I'm looking at the free floating handguards with rails for accessories.

Can someone point me to a link that gives instructions on doing this? Is it hard to do?

All input is welcome. I figure I am going to have to dissasemble the barrel which I don't want to do because I've never had it off.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
With the exception of the military version of the ARMS SIR, the rest of the SIR systems do NOT require you to remove the barrel from the upper reciever.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a Liberator II floating handguard from Fulton Armory & yeah u have to remove the front sight & the barrel retaining nut  to install it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't have to remove the barrel to install any of the ARMS SIR's. The M version only requires the alum. delta ring to be cut off with a dremel tool saw blade, about 15 min.for everything to be installed. The C version about 10 min. and both arrive with good instructions with pic's.
Jack
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to: http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/Olympic/how_to_install_FIRSH.htm

I don't know what kind of free float forearm you are looking for, but I feel that the FIRSH is a great choice if you are working with a budget.  If you are looking for a FIRSH, or need help installing, or need general disassembly advice, contact Triple Break Products.  Their people are great and will help you out.  

Ghost
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top