Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:41:30 PM EDT
 I have a fairly decent amount of ammo stashed for weapons I currently own.  Given the current political climate, I thought it may be a good idea to stash some ammo for guns I don't have, but may need ammo for in the future.
 I was wandering what you might think about loads and amounts for these calibers:
 Rifle- have 7.62N, 7.62x39, 5.56 (of course).  Was thinking about stocking .30-06, .30-30, .243, .303 Brit, 7.62x54R, 7.92x57.
 Handgun-have 9x18mak, .45ACP.  Was thinking about stocking .38spcl, .357mag, .40S&W.
 Do you have any suggestions about what loads and amounts to put in cans and forget about untill a rainy day?
 Yes, as a matter of fact, I am wearing my double thickness tin foil hat tonight!
 Thank you all!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Gee, you forgot .50 cal armor piercing incendiary-tracer rounds.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
fill the ammo cans to the brim!  leave a little space for some dessicant
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Why no 9mm, 22LR,12G???

As to how much ... get another job and store all you can.

FB
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Ammo almost never gets cheaper. I'd buy in the calibers you most likely will actually buy. I'd forget 30/30 and such and stick to good surplus .308, 30/06, 5.56 and the likes. [there is good stuff out there and crappy stuff out there so research it]This is where your savings will be, and most likely the type of ammo you will shoot in milsurp firearms. I alway buy .22 when it's on sale also, along with SG ammo. I really don't see any huge price drops happening in the future, at best pricing will remain flat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

I tend to buy ammo when ever there is any extra cash.  

I have a shitty feeling we are going to see serious laws after the next Presidental election, that will leave all of us longing for the 'good old days' of 2005!  

I hope to have all the guns, mags and ammo I'll need for many years before the 2008 elections.  

Buying as much as possible now will ensure you'll have it when/if you need it!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I tend to buy ammo when ever there is any extra cash.  

I have a shitty feeling we are going to see serious laws after the next Presidental election, that will leave all of us longing for the 'good old days' of 2005!  

I hope to have all the guns, mags and ammo I'll need for many years before the 2008 elections.  

Buying as much as possible now will ensure you'll have it when/if you need it!

I am not worrying about the next prez election as much as some of the UN BS on ammo and gun proliferation bans. Some of them can put a world of hurt on the surplus ammo markets and export and import. Don't see the Russian et al drying up as much as the .308, and such. Guess no more SA .308 will be able to be exported to the US so what is out there might be close to the last of it. I am wondering if that is what has happened to the Aussie stuff, along with some of the other good stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top