Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 12:32:38 PM EDT
Just got my A.R.M.S. #40 today and was wondering how securely others on the board are placing their rail attached gadgets to their rifles (hand tighten, hand tools, loc-tite, impact wrench, welding, etc!).  The sight did not come with any recommendations.  I’m not planning on removing the sight often, but wasn’t sure if it needs any more than hand tightening to keep it on the rifle after repeated shooting outings.  Also, this is my first AR flat top.

Btw – has anyone noticed how elaborate the A.R.M.S. cardboard containers are!  I order a $500 upper and it comes in a crappy cardboard box wrapped in newspaper, I order a BUIS for $95 and it comes in a box that looks like it was engineered by an MIT graduate.  Maybe I’m amused too easily!      
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Rest assured the sight is as well engineered as the box. Some companies just don't skimp on quality, anywhere.

I didn't loc-tite any of my stuff. My ARMS 40 went on as tight as I could get it, without straining, with the supplied tool. Its never come loose. I do check it periodically. As I do all the stuff on my front end RAS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The #40 securing nut is designed to be able to be tightened by troops in the field by hand with a coin or back of a bayonet tip. It is a very well thought out rugged sight. We get our sights packed in a very strong plastic sealed from the elliments gov't labeled package.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.  I put the sight on last night and after a few turns with a screwdriver it was real snug. Mine did not come with any tool, but a drawfull of scredrivers and a pocket full of change should suffice.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
You are correct, no tool with the 40. I was thinking of my 22M68. It came with two allen wrenches. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I use blue Loctite on all the mounted accessories with screws just to be sure. Our Eotechs and Sure Fire lights would work them self loose in full auto.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
26in/lbs makes the world go round.  
35in/lbs if going after dangerous game.

Dave S
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top